RE: WindowCE 5.0 + XIP Chain question!

Yes, it can reduce RAM usage and fast the boot time. You can get more from
MSDN.

"embedinfo" wrote:

Hi All,

I have a Windows CE 5.0 BSP, where in all drivers, applications and
filters are added to NK.bin. Is there any way I can split modules into
NK.bin, Apps.bin, Filters.bin and Drivers.bin?

Basically I want to load NK.bin which has basic drivers such as
display, keypad etc.during the device bootup time and load others like
apps, filters etc on demand. Is this possible?

With current NK.bin (which has every thing apps, drivers, filters)
total RAMIMAGE size is around 23MB. If I have 64MB of RAM, 23 MB will
be gone. So I thought of loading NK with basic drivers and load others
on demand. How to reduced RAM usage?

I was reading about XIPChain topic from MSDN. If I create XIP chain,
is it going to reduce RAM usage? What is advantage of having XIPChain?
Can some one tell me how to reduce RAM usage?

Thanks

.