clean build question

Hello,

I have been building a release build without shipbuild set and I decided
to build a ship build to turn off my retail messages. I went to settings
and set shipbuild then under build OS tab I checked clean before building
and I did a sysgen. I found that many of my RETAIL messages where still
there and when I looked at dates of OBJ files I could see they were not
re-built even though I selected Clean, I read I am not supposed to do a
Build and Sysgen (and I never do) but why does clean not clean everything
? in particular I see obj files under driver directories that have not
been re-build. If I go to file view and build individual drivers with
the clean set that works ? Can someone explain this behavior, and let me
know what I need to do to insure a clean re-builds everything ?

Thanks,

Joe Welfeld

.