clean build question

Hello,

I have been building a release build without shipbuild set and I decided
to build a ship build to turn off my retail messages. I went to settings
and set shipbuild then under build OS tab I checked clean before building
and I did a sysgen. I found that many of my RETAIL messages where still
there and when I looked at dates of OBJ files I could see they were not
re-built even though I selected Clean, I read I am not supposed to do a
Build and Sysgen (and I never do) but why does clean not clean everything
? in particular I see obj files under driver directories that have not
been re-build. If I go to file view and build individual drivers with
the clean set that works ? Can someone explain this behavior, and let me
know what I need to do to insure a clean re-builds everything ?

Thanks,

Joe Welfeld

  • Re: A real "doh!" moment
    ... really clean and uncluttered. ... I re-built the ps on my Dragon's Lair ... laserdisc machine. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • RE: clean build question
    ... the public tree source is not going to be compiled. ... If you need to change something in the PUBLIC tree, ... and set shipbuild then under build OS tab I checked clean before building ... re-built even though I selected Clean, I read I am not supposed to do a ...