Re: New Platform Developer seeking hardware tip

Q1: USB is one of the possibilitys, the thing comes with an USB tool.
Q2: "PDA application buttons" ???? huh? , what do you mean/want ?
Q3: The eval-kit has VGA.... (std=640/480x16 , we use 800/600x16)
Q4: Don't know, I get the impression you never played around with any
HW-platform & WinCE, just start with one and learn....

Good luck,
Rob.

"Tuno" wrote:

Thank you Rob, this looks like the tip I was hoping for!

Again I am new at platform development, I'm trying to develop a simple
PDA replacement (with only the OS), and I have a few basic questions:

1) For something like the CM-X270, is my developed OS image uploaded
via USB?
2) How are PDA application buttons typically replicated in an
enclosure?
3) Are VGA displays commonly used with devices like this?
4) What issues are most often overlooked by new platform developers?

Thanks again

-ted

  • [SLE] Scanner on parallelport.
    ... Is it possible to get an old parallelsacnner to scan in SuSE 10.0 Eval ?. ... I have the impression, that its should be an USB or SCSC scanner. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: 8.506 LSB
    ... I stumbled down to 8502 (though on USB) and found and listened to the ... impression that any form of speech was part of the transmission, ... most quite high in pitch. ... some more experimenting with this in the near future. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: USB mass storage
    ... Mhaxx wrote: ... I was under the impression that you had got the usb stick ... partially working, but that particular post was sneaked in to the ... First step for you is to determine if you have USB host support in the ...