Re: Problem getting eBox image to boot

Hi "New_CE_developer".

I just started using the eBox 4300 Spark kit. I used the disk which was
included to build the default platform, but when I try to boot it on the
ebox, it appears to "hang".
I have read the jump start guide and it only has sunny day senarios.

If you have used the jump start guide as a basis, you have created a hive based OS design.
However, by the start of the new runtime image the old registry is loaded from the SSD with wrong/old data.

Now you have two possibilities:

1. Create an OS design that exclusively uses the object store (you must change some environment variables).
Download and start the runtime image from Platform Builder.

2. First delete all files of the old preinstalled OS design.
After this copy the new nk.bin to the SSD of the eBox.

This batch file will help clean up the disk:

@ECHO OFF
DELTREE \WINDOWS \DOCUME~1 \ANWEND~1 \PROGRA~1 \MYDOCU~1 \TEMP
DEL \SYSTEM~1.LNK /P

I have written down my experiences with the eBox SPARK kit here (unfortunately, only in in German):
http://www.wolfgang-rolke.de/embedded/
http://blog.wolfgang-rolke.de/

  • Re: Problem getting eBox image to boot
    ... I did not realize that the BSP would not ... FOR ANYONE ELSE HAVING PR0BLEMS BUILDING EBOX 4300 OS: ... My spark kit came with two cds to install VS2005 and Platform Builder. ... then platform builder and then the VS2005 updates. ...
  • Re: I have a problem with eBox-2300, cannt run WinCE
    ... RETAIL or DEBUG or whether you've set up Platform Builder to accept the ... connection, etc., that's my best guess. ... I received the eBox and the IP Sensor 9201 to do it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Design process using Windows Embedded CE 6.0, VS2005, CoreCon and SDKs
    ... Application design ... CoreCon is used when debugging projects in the application phase. ... For WinCE6.0 to work with my eBox 4300 I need to install the BSP msi on my PC so that VS2005 can include the eBox third party drivers, ...
  • Re: Design process using Windows Embedded CE 6.0, VS2005, CoreCon and SDKs
    ... Application design ... KITL is used when debugging projects in the OS Design phase. ... the application phase (once the SDK for the OS design has been installed).. ... on my PC so that VS2005 can include the eBox third party drivers, ...
  • Re: problem in loading windows Ce image in eBox 2300SX
    ... i have licensed version of Visual studio 2005, Visual studio SP1, ... loaded on eBox. ... Create an OS design that exclusively uses the object store. ... Download and start the runtime image from Platform Builder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)