Re: New Bluetooth Stack Connection Problem

Or, if you're building a Windows CE device, you have to have the Windows
Networking API/Redirector. With that, I'm guessing that you should be able
to connect to a shared folder on a Windows PC on your local network from the
device.

Paul T.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT
com> wrote in message news:OnkQaDiKJHA.5692@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I haven't done this, but having a PAN connection doesn't somehow magically
make the contents of the device available to other devices (or that would
be a very bad profile to support). Anyway, though, if you're using a
Windows Mobile device, I don't think that the file sharing client is in the
OS, so you can't browse or share folders exported by a PC, no matter what
network connection type is used.

Paul T.

"Keaven Pineau" <keaven.pineau@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Ok, so I need to have some kind of application that will start the
connection. I though I could simply connect to usb by creating a direct
connection in DUN.

Now, I would like to know how can I access a PC that is connected in a
PAN configuration. I can see that my connection is established on both
end but I can access any folder on any side. Do I have to do something
special to see my shared folder on my PC?

Thanks
"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam
DOT com> wrote in message news:%236GmXkXKJHA.1012@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The ActiveSync connection has to be set up from the device end. Is that
where you're trying to initiate the connection from? Does the
ActiveSync service show as available from the PC?

Paul T.

"Keaven Pineau" <keaven.pineau@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Yes at first I wanted to communicate directly to the serial port.
Basically, I am trying every services...
I also tried to make a PAN but my card doesn't acquired a network
address. I am using IVT BlueSoleil on a PC as DHCP. I am activating
the peripheral on the device I can see that I am connected on the PC
service but the card never get a network address. Do you have any
idea? I cannot get active sync to work aswell.

Keaven

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam
DOT com> wrote in message news:eAj0nMWKJHA.6004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Huh? You just want to communicate with a serial port program on the
PC, or you want to make an ActiveSync connection with the PC? If the
former, just open the port with CreateFile(), configure it with
SetCommXXXX(), and read and write to it with ReadFile() and
WriteFile().

Paul T.

"Keaven Pineau" <keaven.pineau@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Ok, the stack works like you should guess. After reading an older
thread I suppose it is a problem with the keyboard I am using. I
have tried a mouse and it works correctly.

Now , I would like to know which application on my device I can use
to send command to a PC serial port. I have created a direct
connection with "make new connection" but it is waiting for an
acknowledge on the other side. I can see the text "clientclient" on
the PC terminal , can we type in something to complete the connection
on the mobile device?

Thank you,
"Keaven Pineau" <keaven.pineau@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello everyone,
I am in the process on including the last QFE into our next image
version. Unfortunately, I have problem with the new BT stack from
QFE May-08. My Microsoft Keyboard 7000 that was working correctly
with the old stack doesn't work anymore. The device can be
scanned, I am activating it but the keyboard stay in searching mode.
Any ideas what could make this?

Thank you,
Keaven

.