Re: New Bluetooth Stack Connection Problem

I haven't done this, but having a PAN connection doesn't somehow magically
make the contents of the device available to other devices (or that would be
a very bad profile to support). Anyway, though, if you're using a Windows
Mobile device, I don't think that the file sharing client is in the OS, so
you can't browse or share folders exported by a PC, no matter what network
connection type is used.

Paul T.

"Keaven Pineau" <keaven.pineau@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Ok, so I need to have some kind of application that will start the
connection. I though I could simply connect to usb by creating a direct
connection in DUN.

Now, I would like to know how can I access a PC that is connected in a PAN
configuration. I can see that my connection is established on both end
but I can access any folder on any side. Do I have to do something
special to see my shared folder on my PC?

Thanks
"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT
com> wrote in message news:%236GmXkXKJHA.1012@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The ActiveSync connection has to be set up from the device end. Is that
where you're trying to initiate the connection from? Does the ActiveSync
service show as available from the PC?

Paul T.

"Keaven Pineau" <keaven.pineau@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Yes at first I wanted to communicate directly to the serial port.
Basically, I am trying every services...
I also tried to make a PAN but my card doesn't acquired a network
address. I am using IVT BlueSoleil on a PC as DHCP. I am activating the
peripheral on the device I can see that I am connected on the PC service
but the card never get a network address. Do you have any idea? I
cannot get active sync to work aswell.

Keaven

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam
DOT com> wrote in message news:eAj0nMWKJHA.6004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Huh? You just want to communicate with a serial port program on the
PC, or you want to make an ActiveSync connection with the PC? If the
former, just open the port with CreateFile(), configure it with
SetCommXXXX(), and read and write to it with ReadFile() and
WriteFile().

Paul T.

"Keaven Pineau" <keaven.pineau@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Ok, the stack works like you should guess. After reading an older
thread I suppose it is a problem with the keyboard I am using. I have
tried a mouse and it works correctly.

Now , I would like to know which application on my device I can use to
send command to a PC serial port. I have created a direct connection
with "make new connection" but it is waiting for an acknowledge on the
other side. I can see the text "clientclient" on the PC terminal ,
can we type in something to complete the connection on the mobile
device?

Thank you,
"Keaven Pineau" <keaven.pineau@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello everyone,
I am in the process on including the last QFE into our next image
version. Unfortunately, I have problem with the new BT stack from QFE
May-08. My Microsoft Keyboard 7000 that was working correctly with
the old stack doesn't work anymore. The device can be scanned, I am
activating it but the keyboard stay in searching mode. Any ideas
what could make this?

Thank you,
Keaven

  • Re: Making a Bluetooth BNEP connection from Windows XP SP2
    ... >> Thanks for the sample code!, this was exactly what I was looking for. ... > this PAN programmatically, e.g. you give the BT address to a connect function and no UI is needed. ... > First of all you have to check if the IPv6 driver is bound to the PAN connection. ... As I know you can't bind IPv6 to a dial up connection ...
  • Re: Pan
    ... Pan doesn't use encryption so couldn't make the ... connection. ... If you want to use Pan with an encrypted connection, ... You may find more on openSUSE-specific searching the openSUSE mailing ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Slow IP assigning for Bluetooth PAN
    ... I am using two Win CE 6 devices with activated Bluetooth PAN service. ... But during establishing the connection, ... Assigning the IP and/or ...
  • Re: New Bluetooth Stack Connection Problem
    ... connection in DUN. ... or you want to make an ActiveSync connection with the PC? ... thread I suppose it is a problem with the keyboard I am using. ... I have problem with the new BT stack from QFE ...
  • Re: [Xnews] Best version for Wine?
    ... I understand you very well - I remember using my dial up connection until ... is what I read on the wiki of ubuntu. ... Take the cd put it in your pc's cd-rom and follow the instructions ... Shark and Mark Dee I'm testing the stable version of pan ...
    (news.software.readers)