Re: COM driver number question

stream interface drivers have three letter prefix, followed by a number
between 0 and 9,
followed by a colon (for example "COM1:" through "COM0:" are the first 10
ports)
To open a port with index > 10 you must use the $device mount point,
followed by a three
letter prefix representing the device, followed by a number
(for example CreateFile(\\$device\\COM16...))

"Kid" <Kid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi

Do Windows CE and Windows Mobile has max number for COM devices ?

I have change some COM driver index from 5 to 10 or 16 , but COM10 and
COM16 can not be opened by process .

After that I change the index to 8 , then I can open COM8 by my process.

I am sure our max use number is 9, so does 9 is the max COM number that
WinCE can support ?

If I'm wrong, where can I modify the max number ?

Thank you very much

.