COM driver number question

Hi

Do Windows CE and Windows Mobile has max number for COM devices ?

I have change some COM driver index from 5 to 10 or 16 , but COM10 and
COM16 can not be opened by process .

After that I change the index to 8 , then I can open COM8 by my process.

I am sure our max use number is 9, so does 9 is the max COM number that
WinCE can support ?

If I'm wrong, where can I modify the max number ?

Thank you very much

  • COM driver number question
    ... Do Windows CE and Windows Mobile has max number for COM devices? ... COM16 can not be opened by process. ... WinCE can support? ... where can I modify the max number? ...
  • ANNOUNCE: eTcl 8.4.12-pl4 for Windows Mobile 2003 binaries available.
    ... Because of a major problem with a too small stack size (Windows Mobile ... This has been made possible thanks to great support and interest from many Tclers, who provided us with a very valuable feedback. ... Add support for service names as port argument in socket (e.g. "socket ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Blackberry or WindowsMobile?
    ... functionally similar to having Blackberry support, ... thing since you also have all the functionality of Windows Mobile devices. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Windows Mobile 2003 SECOND EDITION official!
    ... >>> "The Windows Mobile platform adds support for dynamic screen switching ... >>> MVP - Mobile Devices ... >>> Smartphone Extreme Stuffage ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: Which Cingular Mobile Phone (and Hardware) to Get
    ... It's a bit confusing because you can use the Windows Mobile 5 ... based SmartPhones as a "modem" over Cingular's MediaNET internet ... this isn't just Cingular it's all US ... Cingular currently has three phone/pda offerings that support Windows ...
    (alt.cellular.cingular)