Re: How to develop WinCE6 application in VS2005?

You can create a Windows CE 6.0 application in Platform Builder adding the
project to a Windows CE 6.0 OS workspace or
you can create a stand alone project if you have installed a Windows CE 6.0
SDK provided by someone who
has developed an OS. There is no standard SDK for Windows CE 6.0 as you have
for Windows CE 5.0 or Windows Mobile

<jarba98@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto nel messaggio
I'm trying to develop CE6 application through Visual studio 2005.
My steps is to open new project -> smart device(Visual c++) -> ??
I can see Pocket PC 2003, but it seems not for WinCE6 completely.

How can I create application for CE6 and can connect to CE6 device or
emulator?
Should I install which SDK?

thanks

  • Re: How to make application work on Symbol MC3000?
    ... but please send me SDK that you are using. ... Windows Application as the project type. ... install the application on the device so it will run properly. ... When I download application from my MC3000, ...
  • Re: How to make application work on Symbol MC3000?
    ... Best regards, ... But I get ""SmartDeviceApplication1" is not a valid Windows CE ... For simple applications you don't need any Symbol SDK at all. ... Please see the install requirements for the Symbol Mobility ...
  • Re: How to make application work on Symbol MC3000?
    ... That's really all I had to install from Symbol. ... I can send you the SDK ... The Smart Device Application Wizard is displayed and I select Pocket ... Windows Application as the project type. ...
  • Platform SDK and Visual Studio 6 - broken ?
    ... I had the misfortune of having to return to the Windows platform. ... I needed to install an updated Plaform SDK. ...
    (microsoft.public.vstudio.development)
  • Re: wrote:Here is more info on your device:http://forum.xda-developers.
    ... I'm not really sure why my SDK works and everyone else seems to say it's not possible. ... I have got a phone using WM6 and would like to write an app for it. ... nonetheless the "standard SDK" emulator starts. ... do you have any idea to why that "Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)