Breakpoints in bootloader assembly

I am trying to setup breakpoints in my bootloader before my the main()
function gets called. For instance, I would like be able to set a
breakpoint at the beginning of the StartUp function which is written
in assembly. I have no problem setting breakpoints for C functions,
for example I can create a new breakpoint and just type "main" into
the New Breakpoint dialog. I can also set a HW breakpoint using the
address of main (in my case 0x9000c1c0) and that works too. Trying to
enter "StartUp" rather than "main" doesn't work, nor does using its
address. I have noticed that the symbol "StartUp" isn't seen in my
bootloader executable like "main" is (as inspected with dumpbin). Any
suggestions of what I might be doing wrong would be appreciated.
Thanks.

  • Re: Breakpoints in bootloader assembly
    ... version of Windows CE? ... breakpoint at the beginning of the StartUp function which is written ... bootloader is from BSquare, and it is booting from NAND ...
  • Re: Breakpoints in bootloader assembly
    ... Think we might need to know what bootloader you're talking about? ... breakpoint at the beginning of the StartUp function which is written ...
  • Strange MMU problem in bootloader
    ... If I set the breakpoint after "bl main", bootloader works well. ... Jump to the virtual address of the 'VirtualStart' label. ...