Re: Build Failed Message

I finally got everything re-installed and up and running again. First of
all, yes I'm an administrative user. Also, I navigated to the gwexp driver
and ran the 'build -c' command and it worked just fine. I even get a
build.log in that folder when the build is complete. I tried again in the
IDE, and I get the same build failed message.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote:

You did a search in \wince600 for *.log? You are an administrative user?
If you open a build window in the release folder of your project and
navigate to some driver under your BSP/platform folder, can you do a
'build -c' there and have it work? It sounds like sysgen is failing, maybe.

Paul T.

"lsimoni" <lsimoni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I only wish that was the problem, I used the default options for
installation. I even used names like osdesign1 to ensure there were no
spaces. Still no go.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote:

You don't have any long path names in where you installed Windows CE 6,
you? You didn't change the default, c:\wince600, to something like c:\my
projects\Windows CE\wince600? Paths with spaces in them are notorious
causing serious build failures. I'm surprised there's no file build.log
anywhere in the \wince600 folder, though. Are you sure?

Paul T.

"lsimoni" <lsimoni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I just installed it, the time doesn't run out for a couple of months
I don't even get any error messages. Just the Build Failed status at
bottom left corner of the IDE.

We would buy CE, but I'm supposed to be evaluating whether we should be
using XPe or CE. So I'm trying both to see which would work better for

"Ravi" wrote:

Well usually the evaluation version comes with a time limit. If you
exceed this time limit you will get a error with the phrase "time
that is the case then the solution is simple, its time to buy the CE

"lsimoni" wrote:

I've been using the evaluation version of CE 6.0 for several weeks
without issues. Now all of a sudden I'm getting a "build failed"
message on
the status bar at the bottom of the screen immediately after I try
of the
build commands (build, rebuild, sysgen, etc). There are no errors,
warnings, and no .txt logs generated in the WINCE600 directory.
re-installing, but it doesn't fix the problem.

I've tried new projects for different targets, but every time I try
the status goes directly from build started to build failed.