Re: Build Failed Message

I finally got everything re-installed and up and running again. First of
all, yes I'm an administrative user. Also, I navigated to the gwexp driver
and ran the 'build -c' command and it worked just fine. I even get a
build.log in that folder when the build is complete. I tried again in the
IDE, and I get the same build failed message.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote:

You did a search in \wince600 for *.log? You are an administrative user?
If you open a build window in the release folder of your project and
navigate to some driver under your BSP/platform folder, can you do a
'build -c' there and have it work? It sounds like sysgen is failing, maybe.

Paul T.

"lsimoni" <lsimoni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I only wish that was the problem, I used the default options for
installation. I even used names like osdesign1 to ensure there were no
spaces. Still no go.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote:

You don't have any long path names in where you installed Windows CE 6,
do
you? You didn't change the default, c:\wince600, to something like c:\my
projects\Windows CE\wince600? Paths with spaces in them are notorious
for
causing serious build failures. I'm surprised there's no file build.log
anywhere in the \wince600 folder, though. Are you sure?

Paul T.

"lsimoni" <lsimoni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I just installed it, the time doesn't run out for a couple of months
still.
I don't even get any error messages. Just the Build Failed status at
the
bottom left corner of the IDE.

We would buy CE, but I'm supposed to be evaluating whether we should be
using XPe or CE. So I'm trying both to see which would work better for
us.

"Ravi" wrote:

Well usually the evaluation version comes with a time limit. If you
have
exceed this time limit you will get a error with the phrase "time
bomb".
If
that is the case then the solution is simple, its time to buy the CE
6.0
:)

HTH
Ravi

"lsimoni" wrote:

I've been using the evaluation version of CE 6.0 for several weeks
now
without issues. Now all of a sudden I'm getting a "build failed"
message on
the status bar at the bottom of the screen immediately after I try
any
of the
build commands (build, rebuild, sysgen, etc). There are no errors,
no
warnings, and no .txt logs generated in the WINCE600 directory.
I've
tried
re-installing, but it doesn't fix the problem.

I've tried new projects for different targets, but every time I try
build
the status goes directly from build started to build failed.

  • Re: Restore defrag program
    ... Re-installing the application may fix this" it said. ... In that folder locate the file named dfrg.msc. ... Hit the Browse button and navigate once again to the C:\WINDOWS\System32 folder. ... Went to program menu, accessories and selected defrag. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Unable to return to home page
    ... It isn't even good practice to do it with folder ... Then compress your graphics. ... it all works fine and I can navigate back to ... thinking about purchasing Frontpage or another web design software ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • RE: Common Windows XP Shutdown problem
    ... Automatically Kill Programs At Shutdown: ... Navigate on the left side tree to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How To Convert Thousands of Works 7.0 Files to Word 2007 Simultaneously
    ... from a given folder. ... Here's the entirety of my first macro, ... I was able to install your macro. ... browse capability to navigate to a folder in which I wish to convert Works ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Common Windows XP Shutdown problem
    ... | Navigate on the left side tree to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder ... I'm not using the Spanish version of Windows XP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)