Re: How to get the QFE installation information?

Thanks a lot.
I need release a software to my customer. Before customer install my
software on their development computer, I want to help they check the basic
information of Windows CE, because sometimes if customer had not installed
some version QFEs, my software will can not work.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote:

Why? Why would you need to do this when ceqfecheck already does it? I get
the feeling that you're not telling us something. As far as I know, the
contents of those files is undocumented, though you can certainly take a
reasonable guess as to the meaning of things...

Paul T.

"vcleaner" <vcleaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi All,
I need write a program to get details information of QFE installation,
such
as QFE version, whcih QFEs have been installed on developer computer? user
whether have re-SYSGEN wince ? total information of QFEs are usable from
microsoft?

I have known that ceqfecheck.exe can do this, it check the file
WinCEPB50.ini whcih locate in WINDOWS floder of developer computer, but
after
check this file, I found that I can not get enough information from this
file. this file only provides that QFE intalled files and file's DT(maybe
is
distributed time). it looks like this:
/*****************************************/
[public\common\oak\lib\armv4i\retail\btdrtstubs.lib]
RV=1
KB=KB952859
PT=0
DT=080530
CR=E6F40DBD
PC=ARMV4I
RG=_
how to use those information form this file?

I think that ceqfecheck.exe maybe use some interface whcih microsoft
export
only for used by itself own.

Thanks adavance. Welcome everyone to express your opinion here.

.