Re: How to get the QFE installation information?

Thanks a lot.
I need release a software to my customer. Before customer install my
software on their development computer, I want to help they check the basic
information of Windows CE, because sometimes if customer had not installed
some version QFEs, my software will can not work.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote:

Why? Why would you need to do this when ceqfecheck already does it? I get
the feeling that you're not telling us something. As far as I know, the
contents of those files is undocumented, though you can certainly take a
reasonable guess as to the meaning of things...

Paul T.

"vcleaner" <vcleaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi All,
I need write a program to get details information of QFE installation,
such
as QFE version, whcih QFEs have been installed on developer computer? user
whether have re-SYSGEN wince ? total information of QFEs are usable from
microsoft?

I have known that ceqfecheck.exe can do this, it check the file
WinCEPB50.ini whcih locate in WINDOWS floder of developer computer, but
after
check this file, I found that I can not get enough information from this
file. this file only provides that QFE intalled files and file's DT(maybe
is
distributed time). it looks like this:
/*****************************************/
[public\common\oak\lib\armv4i\retail\btdrtstubs.lib]
RV=1
KB=KB952859
PT=0
DT=080530
CR=E6F40DBD
PC=ARMV4I
RG=_
/*****************************************/
how to use those information form this file?

I think that ceqfecheck.exe maybe use some interface whcih microsoft
export
only for used by itself own.

Thanks adavance. Welcome everyone to express your opinion here.

  • Re: PowerPoint 2007 crashes on exit
    ... The problem was that the customer had made a-non complete ... How to install a TEST printer driver ... Quitting PowerPoint aned ... not all add-ins appear in the Add-ins section of PowerPoint ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: PowerPoint 2007 crashes on exit
    ... The problem was that the customer had made a-non complete ... How to install a TEST printer driver ... Quitting PowerPoint aned ... not all add-ins appear in the Add-ins section of PowerPoint ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Windows 7
    ... If I buy a new hard drive can I install it onto that and will my ... their customer base to no good end. ... The worst of all this exercise in making windows appeal to the Apple ... Looking at all the cockameemee default settings of a freshly installed ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Windows Genuine Disadvantage
    ... another who told me there was only email tech support at Microsoft only - no phone support - which having delete with some very good tech support by phone in the past I knew was Bull. ... Spent the next 1 1/2 hour on the phone while the tech tried to fix the product key issue and failed. ... At this point signed off with MS Support, leaving case open, because I had to install SP3 and MSIE 7. ... These products are written sloppy, support articles are written obtusely or reference completely off point topics, Microsoft support for WGA are contracted out to untrained, unknowledgable personnel who are apparently trained to lie to the customer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Genuine Disadvantage
    ... Discovered that the latest WGA "update" failed to install. ... Tried calling WGA support to be treated extremely ... was no product key in the System properties anymore. ... What value added did We the Customer get out of this ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)