Re: Setup NAND flash registry persistence storage help?

Your registry settings should work but I would set:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init\BootVars]
"SystemHive"="Documents and Settings\\system.hv"
"ProfileDir"="Documents and Settings"
"Flags"=dword:1

By the way: I suppose you have tried your configuration and it does not
work, does it?
What happens when the system boots? Is it your flash partitioned and
formatted?
If this is not the case try to add

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\FlashDisk]
"AutoPart"=dword:1
"AutoFormat"=dword:1

<mdawn911@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto nel messaggio
Hello:

I need help to setup NAND flash registry persistence. Can anyone out
there know how to setup NAND flash registry persistence?

Here is my registry setup:

; HIVE BOOT SECTION
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; NAND FMD Driver
;
IF BSP_NAND_FMD

; Use Device Manager to load the NAND FMD driver as a built-in block
driver.
; This can be used for both WinCE and Windows Mobile builds.
;
; Note that we do not currently support Windows Mobile Image Update or
any
; other NAND flash accesses during the early boot phases. Therefore,
we do
; not need the Storage Manager Autoload keys that are normally used
for
;
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\NANDFMD]
"Dll"="nandfmd.dll"
"Prefix"="DSK"
"Profile"="FlashDisk"
"IClass"=multi_sz:"{A4E7EDDA-E575-4252-9D6B-4195D48BB865}"
"FriendlyName"="Freescale NAND Flash Driver"
"Order"=dword:1

; Override names in default profile. These settings are also required
; support the automatic mounting and creation of the "NAND Flash"
folder.
;
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\FlashDisk]
"DriverPath"="Drivers\\BuiltIn\\NAND_Flash"
"Name"="NAND FLASH"
"Folder"="NAND Flash"
"DefaultFileSystem"="FATFS"

ENDIF ; BSP_NAND_FMD
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;============ MD: Hive Profile ==========================
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\FlashDisk\FATFS]
"MountFlags"=dword:2

;============ MD: Registry Hive Persistence =============
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init\BootVars]
; "SYSTEMHIVE"="\\NAND Flash\\system.hv"
; "PROFILEDIR"="\\NAND Flash"
"Start DevMgr"=dword:1
; "DefaultUser"="User"
; "Flags"=dword:3

; END HIVE BOOT SECTION

  • Re: CE 6.0 , how to set Hive-based registry ?
    ... now, i know the most problem is that the nand flash disk cannot work, but ... Are you saying that the disk wasn't working before hive? ... hive registry and work on the disk. ... ; END HIVE BOOT SECTION ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: CE 6.0 , how to set Hive-based registry ?
    ... function " FMD_inti" in fmd.c connot display, ... update my registry, add some necessary registry key to boot.hv. ... ; END HIVE BOOT SECTION ... i want that the rest space of Nand Flash can be shown as a disk, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • CE 6.0 , how to set Hive-based registry ?
    ... following is the updated registry ... ; END HIVE BOOT SECTION ... is NAND Flash, where save the registry. ... what is the meaning of the following registry key? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: CE 6.0 , how to set Hive-based registry ?
    ... Get the disk working before trying to use it for hive ... hive registry and work on the disk. ... ; END HIVE BOOT SECTION ... i want that the rest space of Nand Flash can be shown as a disk, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: How to speed up WinCE 6.00 boot
    ... When the Nand Flash file system is empty, the board start quickly but as ... Is there a way to speed up Windows CE boot? ... If you store the hive registry on that flash I think that the system will have to wait for mount completition before it can access the registry and proceed with the rest of the boot process. ...