Re: Adding both .NET 2.0 and 3.5

You don't want to add both. There's no reason to have them both and they
don't work when you try to do that. If you need to run .NET CF 3.5
applications, then add .NET CF 3.5 and live with it. You'll still be
perfectly able to run .NET CF 2.0 applications on the device... However, as
you've found, you can't DEBUG from VS2005 (because the version of the
framework on the device is .NET CF 3.5 and VS2005 doesn't know about that).
That's just the way it is.

Paul T.

"B" <NA> wrote in message news:ek2RGL8JJHA.5972@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am not able to run .NET CF application if I add both .NET 2.0 and .NET
3.5 to my CE5.0 x86 platform. If I only add either of them there is no
problem!
Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 displays following messages when I try to run
a CF2.0 application in debug mode:

"This application requires a newer version of the Microsoft® .NET Compact
Framework than the version installed on this device."

NETCFCFG.exe displays following version numbers on my platform:

If I add only .NET 2.0 ==> 2.0.7045.0 (ROM)

If I add only .NET 3.5 ==> 3.5.7338.0 (ROM)

If I add both:
2.0.7045.0
3.5.7338.0 (ROM)

I have added all CE updates that are available.

It looks like that if I have only .NET 3.5 then I am able to execute both
2.0 and 3.5 programs in debug mode using VS2008. However I am not able to
use VS2005 for .NET 2.0 applications.

What can I do to have both .NET CF´s working on my platform for both
VS2005 and VS2008.

Tanks
Ingibergur/Beggi

  • Re: more Access 07 thoughts, (censored by the Access Team Blog?)
    ... I tried to post the following in the Access Team Blog but ... applications, only a miniscule marginal fraction is build on the ... Maybe the reason for not attributing enough importance to this final ... of shareware applications in a platform other then Access. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: Adding both .NET 2.0 and 3.5
    ... PB just can't deploy both to the same image and as Paul pointed out, there's no reason to ship both on a device anyway. ... Platform manager allows all versions to be added ... If you need to run .NET CF 3.5 applications, then add .NET CF 3.5 and live with it. ... It looks like that if I have only .NET 3.5 then I am able to execute both 2.0 and 3.5 programs in debug mode using VS2008. ...
  • Re: Adding both .NET 2.0 and 3.5
    ... Just to put my two cents: Platform Builder should not allow the developer to ... applications, then add .NET CF 3.5 and live with it. ... a CF2.0 application in debug mode: ...
  • Re: Checking for Modification to a Set of Files
    ... use .NET on anything other than Windows for production use. ... production applications, but I may have missed your point. ... platform for anything but a Windows system. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: [kde-linux] State of Konqueror ?
    ... applications, e.g. KMail's or Akregator's message view. ... Compatability is something they regularily demand from the platform ... But, You and I know this, that the proprietary software MFG, will continue ... the developers on the free software application ...
    (KDE)