Re: Active Sync over RNDIS Windows CE 6.0

Just write a DHCP service (or application, or driver, you choose) that responds to DHCP requests and sends back a valid IP. See RFC 2131.

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
Check out my blog: http://GuruCE.com/blog

GuruCE
Microsoft Embedded Partner
http://GuruCE.com

alexquisi@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Henrik,

that again for yur feedback.

4) device side DHCP Server configuration
OK, all of the other setups discussed above will need some end user
intervention to configure the firewall software to accept the
connection. To get around this you can actually let the device provide
the IP to the host. Now, there's no "native" support for this
operating mode in CE5 so you have to write a little bit of code
yourself, but by letting the device respond to the host's DHCP request
the communication is initiated from the host and is thus not filtered
out by firewall software running on the host.

Ok, now I got it clear, thanks. Could you kindly tell me where do I
need to implement the modifications that you suggested in the device
side?

Thanks!

Alex