Re: Using COM1 WINCE500

You need to disable the debug output for COM1: check for OEMInitDebugSerial
in your BSP (or common BSP code for x86)
to see how to do it: as an example, for x86, you can set IoPortBase = 0 to
disable the serial output; set the correct registry entries in your
platform.reg file miming those for the other serial ports

"Maarten" <Maarten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi,

my OS uses COM1 to send out some startup/debug messages. Now I want to use
COM1 for other purposes (like activesync). Is this possible?

--
Maarten

  • Re: Cant open Serial port
    ... Application that opens the COM1 can coexist with the debug output. ...   Microsoft Embedded Partner ...
  • Re: Newbie - CEPC Adding a network card
    ... You should *get* some debug output. ... OS, something should be coming out one of the serial ports, COM1 on CEPC. ... Prev by Date: ...
  • Re: Disable debug serial
    ... I have been successful in not getting debug output but I can't use COM1 for my application. ... I am a newbie at WinCe.NEt and it is very stressful. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)