Re: Active Sync over RNDIS Windows CE 6.0

Hi Henrik,

that again for yur feedback.

4) device side DHCP Server configuration

OK, all of the other setups discussed above will need some end user
intervention to configure the firewall software to accept the
connection. To get around this you can actually let the device provide
the IP to the host. Now, there's no "native" support for this
operating mode in CE5 so you have to write a little bit of code
yourself, but by letting the device respond to the host's DHCP request
the communication is initiated from the host and is thus not filtered
out by firewall software running on the host.

Ok, now I got it clear, thanks. Could you kindly tell me where do I
need to implement the modifications that you suggested in the device
side?

Thanks!

Alex

  • Re: Active Sync over RNDIS Windows CE 6.0
    ... and what about using the ICS component, ... the IP to the host. ... out by firewall software running on the host. ... Latest Navready software adds DTPT module to Windows CE 5.0 not sure ...
  • Re: Active Sync over RNDIS Windows CE 6.0
    ... responds to DHCP requests and sends back a valid IP. ...   Microsoft Embedded Partner ... the IP to the host. ... out by firewall software running on the host. ...
  • Re: 404 when trying to connect via Remote Desktop Web Connection
    ... Problem solved -- I'm now able to connect to the host PC. ... Is the IIS server PC and the PC you want to connect to with RDP the same PC? ... you can check the router for the proper port forwarding settings. ... I also disabled all local firewall software as a precaution ...
  • Re: how to block all non-public key user logon?
    ... sw> eg. if host A is allowed to login server S with public key P, ... except from known hosts using whatever firewall software you have ...
    (comp.security.ssh)