Re: Stream device driver and marshalling

Thanks, Luca. I appreciate your help.

"Luca Calligaris" wrote:

-WM6.1 is based on Windows CE 5.0 so you have not marshalling functions like
CeOpenCallerBuffer which were
introduced in Windows EmbeddedCE 6.0; since you have no embedded pointers
you can use the pointer
directly: if you want to access the buffer asynchronously (i.e. not in the
caller's thread) you have to use SetProcPermissions

"Gammaraman" <Gammaraman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi,

I have a stream device driver running in kernel mode and an application
running in user mode. This application talks to the stream device driver
through CreateFile, ReadFile, WriteFile, DeviceIOControl.

I am wondering what if anything I would need to do in order to be able to
access the application buffers from inside the driver. Specifically in the
context of ReadFile and WriteFile. There are no embedded pointers involved
just pointer parameters. Would I need to call some marshalling API(s) in
the
XXX_Read, XXX_Write, etc entry points?

This is on WM 6.1

Any help is highly appreciated.