Re: Create user account for ftpd

The storage for things like passwords isn't going to be something that you
can precalculate and automatically put in every device, in the registry or
something (or that would effectively be *zero* security). You could create
a program that runs on startup of the device to read an encrypted list of
users/passwords to be entered and have it call NTLMSetUserInfo() for each
one, then just add that file to your Platform Builder build, or something of
that sort, to get a default set of users.

Since we don't know *anything* about how you plan to use this, we can't
really recommend something else...

Paul T.

"GrahamS" <GrahamS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
OK - but how and where am I supposed to call this function ??.

Do I need to create a C runtime app and run this - or can this be done in
Platform builder ??.

Sorry - I just don't know where this function is supposed to be called
from
:-O.

Thanks

Graham

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

NTLMSetUserInfo is the only way I'm aware of.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting

"GrahamS" <GrahamS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Luca,

Thanks for the response - but I have already been there. The link tells
me
how to add existing users to FTPD, which is one step.

The bit I cannot do however is to add a new user account to the CE
Build
itself (ie in the link you sent - how do I first create the user
account
for
GladysL).

Thanks...

Graham

"Luca Calligaris" wrote:

hope this link might help you

"GrahamS" <GrahamS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi,

Using CE6 R2 under VS2005.

I have the ftpd service running and working, but want to secure it.
have
currently configured it for ananymous access.

I have seen lots of posts about using NTLMSetUserInfo() - but I
don't
know
how or where to run this code :-O. I 'could' do it in my target
app -
if I
knew how to get at this API at target runtime from a C# managed
app -
as
the
target will run my application at boot and so could install its own
'support'
user.

I really want to add a user at platform build time (not target
runtime)
simply as a means of managing the target system remotely when
deployed
(upload new target files etc.). There will be little or no user
interface -
in fact the box will not be fitted with screen/keyboard - hence why
want
create the user at build time.

Have searched everywhere I can think of to learn how to do this
:-O -
so
any
help would be much appreciated.