Re: Create user account for ftpd

OK - but how and where am I supposed to call this function ??.

Do I need to create a C runtime app and run this - or can this be done in
Platform builder ??.

Sorry - I just don't know where this function is supposed to be called from

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

NTLMSetUserInfo is the only way I'm aware of.

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded community

"GrahamS" <GrahamS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Thanks for the response - but I have already been there. The link tells me
how to add existing users to FTPD, which is one step.

The bit I cannot do however is to add a new user account to the CE Build
itself (ie in the link you sent - how do I first create the user account

"Luca Calligaris" wrote:

hope this link might help you

Luca Calligaris

"GrahamS" <GrahamS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto nel messaggio

Using CE6 R2 under VS2005.

I have the ftpd service running and working, but want to secure it. I
currently configured it for ananymous access.

I have seen lots of posts about using NTLMSetUserInfo() - but I don't
how or where to run this code :-O. I 'could' do it in my target app -
if I
knew how to get at this API at target runtime from a C# managed app -
target will run my application at boot and so could install its own

I really want to add a user at platform build time (not target runtime)
simply as a means of managing the target system remotely when deployed
(upload new target files etc.). There will be little or no user
interface -
in fact the box will not be fitted with screen/keyboard - hence why I
create the user at build time.

Have searched everywhere I can think of to learn how to do this :-O -
help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Calling NetUserChangePassword for changing other user password
    ... I perform a logon via the function ... 'NetUserChangePassword' with the Target user... ... A server or domain can be configured to require a user ... group or the user can change the password for a user account. ...
  • Re: Word 2007 text insert issue
    ... formatting of the target document; ... for her user account and deleted, but she still has the issue. ...
  • Re: Create user account for ftpd
    ... Do I need to create a C runtime app and run this - or can this be done in ... Platform builder ??. ... "Luca Calligaris" wrote: ... I 'could' do it in my target ...
  • Re: Creating a link without the .lnk extension
    ... > For moving My Documents - log on to the user account that you want to move ... Right below the box for Target, ... > that user's My Documents folder. ...
  • Re: Connecting to Target Device - (Beginner!)
    ... "Luca Calligaris" wrote: ... target embedded device, but I can't find any information on how to prepare ... the target device for this transfer. ... create or download this program or boot image. ...