Re: Create user account for ftpd

Luca,

Thanks for the response - but I have already been there. The link tells me
how to add existing users to FTPD, which is one step.

The bit I cannot do however is to add a new user account to the CE Build
itself (ie in the link you sent - how do I first create the user account for
GladysL).

Thanks...

Graham

"Luca Calligaris" wrote:

hope this link might help you

"GrahamS" <GrahamS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi,

Using CE6 R2 under VS2005.

I have the ftpd service running and working, but want to secure it. I have
currently configured it for ananymous access.

I have seen lots of posts about using NTLMSetUserInfo() - but I don't know
how or where to run this code :-O. I 'could' do it in my target app - if I
knew how to get at this API at target runtime from a C# managed app - as
the
target will run my application at boot and so could install its own
'support'
user.

I really want to add a user at platform build time (not target runtime)
simply as a means of managing the target system remotely when deployed
(upload new target files etc.). There will be little or no user
interface -
in fact the box will not be fitted with screen/keyboard - hence why I want
create the user at build time.

Have searched everywhere I can think of to learn how to do this :-O - so
any
help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Regards

Graham

  • Re: Create user account for ftpd
    ... I have the ftpd service running and working, but want to secure it. ... I 'could' do it in my target app - if I ... I really want to add a user at platform build time (not target runtime) ...
  • Strange problem when deserializing
    ... developer who used unmanaged serialization to store complex objects to file. ... system and he only allowed for a single type of target system. ... The simplest solution I could think of was creating the enumeration (plus ... Serializing target app 1. ...
  • Re: Create user account for ftpd
    ... NTLMSetUserInfo is the only way I'm aware of. ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ... target will run my application at boot and so could install its own ... I really want to add a user at platform build time (not target runtime) ...