Re: KernelIoControl error 50

just to be sure: in your post you say that you want to call
KernelIoControl( IOCTL_HAL_TRANSLATE_IRQ,...
but you have added *IOCTL_HALL_REQUEST_SYSINTR* to OALIOCTL.
Is it a typo...?

Anyway, which IRQ do you need for the parallel port? if you need the
'standard' IRQ5 or IRQ7 you do not need to associate to a SYSINTR since
they are statically mapped to SYSINTR_FIRMWARE+5 and SYSINTR_FIRMWARE+7
respectively (check %_WINCEROOT%\PLATFORM\COMMON\SRC\X86\COMMON\INTR\init.c)

<vlatko.petkoski@xxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi. I'm using windowsCE 6.0 and x86 platform.

I'm writing IST for parallel port. I'm using MSDN example for IST.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms836807.aspx.

Problem!!!
When I call KernelIoControl it fails with error code 50
(ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED).
KernelIoControl( IOCTL_HAL_TRANSLATE_IRQ,
&dwIrq,
sizeof( dwIrq ),
&g_dwSysInt,
sizeof( g_dwSysInt ),
NULL );

http://geekswithblogs.net/BruceEitman/archive/2008/07/01/windows-ce-6.0-user-mode-kerneliocontrol.aspx
From the link above I modify oalioctl.cpp in C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON
\OAK\OALIOCTL,
add IOCTL_HALL_REQUEST_SYSINTR and after that I build new OSDesign
image.
I start my application and KernelIoControl() failed again with error
code 50 (ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED).
What I'm doing wrong?
My problem is to translate IRQ from parallel port to SYSINTR value.
Is there another way or should I use this way?
Please give me some example how to exactly call KernelIoControl().
Thanks in advance.
Regards Vlatko.

.