Re: KernelIoControl error 50

IRQ for parallel port is 7.
If I use SYSINTR_FIRMWARE+7 function
interruptInitialize(g_dwSysInt,g_hevInterrupt,NULL,0)
failed with error code 87 (ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER).
I add *IOCTL_HALL_REQUEST_SYSINTR* to OALIOCTL to allow access for
that IOCTL
from user mode.
If I use SYSINTR_FIRMWARE+7 then there is no need to use
KernelIoControl(), am I right ?
Please explain me step by step what I should do exactly?
I'm doing this steps:
1. Create an event g_hevInterrupt = CreateEvent(NULL, FALSE,
FALSE, NULL);
2. Call KernelIoControl( )
in step 2 I suppose should use SYSINTR_FIRMWARE+7 instead
KernelIoControl( ) as you say
3. Create thread in SUSPENDED mode CreateThread( )
4. Setting thread priority CeSetThreadPriority( g_htIST,
m_nISTPriority )
5. Call InterruptInitialize(g_dwSysInt,g_hevInterrupt,NULL,0)
6. ResumeThread( g_htIST )

Thanks in advance.

  • Re: installworld fails on 7.2/amd64
    ... After a minute of installworld running, ... *** Error code 1 ... I did Google this error, but found no definitive solution, one post I found suggested that perhaps the system time/date is wrong or that adjkerntz -i was missed after entering single user mode. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • installworld fails on 7.2/amd64
    ... After a minute of installworld running, ... *** Error code 1 ... I did Google this error, but found no definitive solution, one post I found suggested that perhaps the system time/date is wrong or that adjkerntz -i was missed after entering single user mode. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: IOCTL_HAL_REBOOT in CE 6.0
    ... OAL meant that user mode code could actually access them. ... In CE 5.0 the OEM has to implement the IOCTL. ... So the advice of "Ask the OEM how to reboot their ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)