Re: Socket Communication over Active Sync

Thanks for the help.

I do not bind to a particular IP Address (socketAddr.sin_addr.s_addr =
INADDR_ANY), but I listen to a certain Port (socketAddr.sin_port =
htons(1999).
The client on the PC just simply cannot connect to the server on the
device (Error = WSAETIMEDOUT).

When i do the same with RNDIS connection it works fine.

  • Re: Widnows sending RST in tpc/ip connection
    ... >>> windows sending the reset message. ... >> Is your code a TCP/IP client, ... >> o You shouldn't be setting the port number for bind, ...
  • Re: Widnows sending RST in tpc/ip connection
    ... >> I tried also to call listenafter bind but I always end up with windows ... > Is your code a TCP/IP client, ... > o You shouldn't be setting the port number for bind, ... I got fooled earlier that it worked because the windows firewall was on, ...
  • Re: connection failure: timeout
    ... > You almost never need to bind a client TCP socket to a specific port. ... But yes, in general, calling bind() before calling connectis wrong. ...
  • Re: UDP Client Problem
    ... you don't need to bind client client both in UDP and TCP ... port - Remote port number in host byte order. ...
  • Re: connection failure: timeout
    ... I tried to bind "0.0.0.0" it works. ... So should not use loopback interface ... >> You almost never need to bind a client TCP socket to a specific port. ...