Re: POST(Power On Self Test)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.
I am using WinCE 6.0 and the platform is a custom platform derived from
ARMV4I and having PXA270 processor.

What I want to do is write some code to perform the memory checks(RAM and
ROM check) as part of the POST operation. I feel Bootloader is the place to
do it.
So, I wanted to check whether OS takes care of this POST operations.

I checked the bootlaoder code and I did not see any memory check code.

regards
Vish

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote:

No, it doesn't. A given BSP may perform some power-on self-test, but the OS
itself doesn't generally do something that you'd modify. Look at the code
for the bootloader for your platform and the OEMInit() for your platform and
see what they do. Also,

http://guruce.com/blogpost/howtoaskquestionsonnewsgroups

You haven't told us: what version of CE, what hardware, what BSP, etc.

Paul T.

"vish" <vish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

I know that WinCE performs some Power On Self Test during boot up.
I would like to know what are the steps it performs and how I can change
that.

Thanks and Regards
Vish

  • resolve this WinCE 6.0 Problem?
    ... I have installed WinCE 6.0 & Platform Builder on a Windows XP desktop ... Configure Hard Disk Drives on a CEPC" and added FAT file system / ...
  • How resolve this WinCE 6.0 error?
    ... I have installed WinCE 6.0 & Platform Builder on a Windows XP desktop ... Configure Hard Disk Drives on a CEPC" and added FAT file system / ...
  • Re: ListView lParam on alternate columns
    ... apply to the WinCE platform instead Win32? ... to set a preference that all you are interested in is Win32/COM ... Another filter that would help is a language filter, ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui)
  • Re: Migrating applications from CE3.00 to CE4.2
    ... The OEM provider showed that the QFEs were updated (they showed the screen ... They have also cleaned and rebuilt the platform, ... I'm migrating my application which runs on WinCE 3.00 to WinCE 4.2 X86 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • Saving Settings on a CEPC platform
    ... I created my WinCe platform for X86 systems using Platform Builder 4.2 and I ... platform settings. ...