Re: POST(Power On Self Test)

No, it doesn't. A given BSP may perform some power-on self-test, but the OS
itself doesn't generally do something that you'd modify. Look at the code
for the bootloader for your platform and the OEMInit() for your platform and
see what they do. Also,

http://guruce.com/blogpost/howtoaskquestionsonnewsgroups

You haven't told us: what version of CE, what hardware, what BSP, etc.

Paul T.

"vish" <vish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

I know that WinCE performs some Power On Self Test during boot up.
I would like to know what are the steps it performs and how I can change
that.

Thanks and Regards
Vish

  • Re: Understanding the build system
    ... - The platform batch file. ... For the specific problem with IMGFLASH, the Build and Sysgen current BSP ... to change the env variable and build clean. ... doing sysgens, the build system isn't always able to determine if a ...
  • Re: How to speed up build process
    ... Platform Builder" by Wilson and Havawala. ... do a makeimg ... Change something in a driver in the BSP: ... needs to be built in a number of different configurations, ...
  • Re: Understanding the BSP concept and terms
    ... As I told you the platform are allmost identical expcet the two things ... from my old BSP and will start the ... isn't just the instruction set that needs to stay the same. ... My friend calls a CE image supplied with a SDK for a BSP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Understanding the build system
    ... The clean flag there means a clean sysgen, ... BSP build. ... The real platform for our device and some other platforms only for testing ... sysgens, the build system isn't always able to determine if a change has ...
  • Re: Understanding the BSP concept and terms
    ... For example if our new Intel CPU supported had some knid of super duper AD ... x86 architecture should be largely compatible. ... Got a BSP from VIA that supports the cpu and chipset etc. ... So as you can see the BSP was not "intended" for our platform directly ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)