Re: Third Party DLLs (CE6)

You **can** copy it to the release folder, but you **should** copy it to
your target folder also for this to work well.

www.EuroTech.com

"Shawn Rosti" <ShawnRosti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I didn't know everything in the Files folder was copied over during the
build... good to know.

I might lean towards creating a sources file and Makefile.inc to copy the
dll over to the release directory. This would keep the platform.bib
consistent with other drivers that are built into the system.

Thanks,
Shawn Rosti

"Bruce Eitman [eMVP]" wrote:

There are several ways to do it, these come to mind:

1. Put the dll in your FILES folder, it is automatically copied to the
release dir
2. Change the bib file to get the dll from its original location
3. Create a sources and makefile.inc to copy the dll to your target
folder
when the platform is built, again automatically copied to the release dir
This blog post explains how to do this for a header file, but the concept
is
the same:
http://geekswithblogs.net/BruceEitman/archive/2008/05/08/windows-ce-platform-builder--automatically-putting-files-in-the.aspx

www.EuroTech.com

"Shawn Rosti" <ShawnRosti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have noticed that if I add a third party DLL to platform.bib to look
for
the DLL in the release directory, that every time I build, it removes
that
DLL and I have to recopy it over. Is there a recommended way of having
the
DLL copied over to the release directory during the build? I could
modify
platform.bib to just point to where the original DLL is located.

Is there a generally preferred way of integrating third-party DLLs into
project?

Thanks,
Shawn Rosti

  • Re: Modifying commdlg.reg
    ... use your Files folder. ... Bruce.Eitman AT EuroTech DOT com ... My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman ... When I make any changes to the .res file, the dialog box won't show up ...
    ... use your Files folder. ... Bruce.Eitman AT EuroTech DOT com ... My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman ... the registry after the originals. ...
  • Re: Modifying commdlg.reg
    ... use your Files folder. ... Bruce.Eitman AT EuroTech DOT com ... My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman ... When I make any changes to the .res file, the dialog box won't show up ...
  • Re: P/Invoke Chris + Paul
    ... Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com ... My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman ... Depends on what is in that DLL ... produce a tested wrapper. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)