POST(Power On Self Test)

Hi,

I know that WinCE performs some Power On Self Test during boot up.
I would like to know what are the steps it performs and how I can change that.

Thanks and Regards
Vish

  • Re: usb-storage does not find a usb peripheral
    ... Fxx to get into BIOS settings or Boot prompt...) ... the POST (Power On Self Test) ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: re visited Green Screen - warning, a long ramble
    ... If you can't Boot your PC up, then you aren't going to be able ... It might be an idea to go into the BIOS & Set the "ReSet ESCD" ... Though that's really just the BIOS working through the POST - Power ... She went on to install 5updates and then shut down normally. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: PC wont boot on power on (but will after a while).
    ... the powering-up / boot process for anything to be displayed on my ... Pressing the PC's power button to turn ... Samsung SH-S203 SATA Dual Layer DVD Writer ... But assuming you are getting nothing at all, you should eliminate the switch as a possibility before replacing the PS. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: asrock, problem with nic after windows-boot - Exact Opposite issue the OP is having
    ... I never use/used a power strip in that manner (for *ATX* ... lacks upon a warm boot. ... $ sudo apt-get install sag ... Reading Package Lists... ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: emachines w3107 question
    ... you use the PC and does boot time matter to you. ... a computer "Fully Awake & Running" consumes power similar to ... She rebooted several times and a couple of times " Windows ... Better computer manufacturers provide comprehensive hardware ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)