Re: Third Party DLLs (CE6)

As Bruce said, it sounds like you're "installing" the D:LL in the release
folder. That's wrong. The release folder is like the Obj folder in your
application build, completely transient. *Nothing* in that folder should be
assumed to be permanent.

Install the third-party stuff to a suitable location under \wince600, maybe
\wince600\3rdparty (obvious, once you see that folder there ;-), and arrange
your BIB file to get the DLL from its actual location, not the release
folder.

If the DLL is *built*, not just installed, then you'll have to arrange for
the compilation, anyway, and just adding WINCEREL=1 to the SOURCES file or
adjusting the Platform Builder project that builds it to copy the result to
the flat release directory should arrange for the file to always end up in
the flat release directory (and then you don't have to change the BIB file,
of course).

Paul T.

"Shawn Rosti" <ShawnRosti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have noticed that if I add a third party DLL to platform.bib to look for
the DLL in the release directory, that every time I build, it removes that
DLL and I have to recopy it over. Is there a recommended way of having the
DLL copied over to the release directory during the build? I could modify
platform.bib to just point to where the original DLL is located.

Is there a generally preferred way of integrating third-party DLLs into a
project?

Thanks,
Shawn Rosti

  • Re: Driver Build File not Found
    ... If you click the "Build and Sysgen" menu to re-build your paltform, the .dll ... The existing .dlls in the release folder are the files copied by compling ... If your driver project does not be involved in working folder, ... Only my driver projects .bib file has the lines ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: DLL Hell: How do I P/Invoke "own" DLL?
    ... MODULES section of the platform's BIB file, then you can just replace it in ... Because the application (and dll) can be located in any folder on the ... But DllImport says "Constant expression is required." ...
  • Re: Creating ZIP folders in VB
    ... I tried this but I can't register the DLLs provided in the download. ... The DLL is not an ActiveX DLL, so it does not require registration. ... When installing the DLL, put it in the same folder as the EXE. ...
  • Re: Prevent Mouse Wheel from scrolling through records
    ... Given that the DLL does not have to be registered, and given that it can be ... placed in the same folder as the MDB file, I don't see what issue there can ... way of capturing the response to the mousewheel without installing .dll ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Out of Memory when editing graphic...
    ... Just add a reference to the DLL in the .NET folder. ... Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks ... When I try to add the barcode to ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing)