Re: Compact flash driver question

Compact Flash devices that are ATA/Flash cards can be interfaced in a number
of ways. The two most-usual are 1) as PCMCIA devices, and 2) as ATA/IDE
devices.

If you've made the interface to the CF card look like PCMCIA, there's a
fairly standard method of talking to that and you should have a host PCMCIA
driver for your actual one (there's an example for specific hardware in the
Mainstone BSP, which has PCMCIA support for PXA processor), and, on top of
that, will run socket services and card services provided by MS in Windows
CE. You'd need a host controller driver (PC Card Host), for your hardware,
and a driver for the PC Card ATA (Compact Flash/PC Card Storage (ATADISK)).

If you've made the interface look like an ATA/IDE device, as I said, you
need the hard disk/IDE driver (the card looks just like an ATA hard disk; it
simply happens to be implemented in flash).

Paul T.

"MSCENV" <mscenv@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
No, it's to adapt to the compact flash timing parameters. Are there
any common code drivers for compact flash? All I am seeing are
hardware level drivers that are written to communicate with pcmcia
controllers and not the compact flash/pcmcia card structure itself.

  • Re: XXX_Init only being called once
    ... One thing I have noticed in WM 5.0 is that when a driver (that is not ... >> My stream interface driver has been stripped right back to try to solve ... >> Here are my registry key settings for our card located under ... >> There are two new active keys in the registry PCMCIA and myDriver. ...
  • Re: CF card detection in WinCE 5.0
    ... I've been trying to use a Compact Flash for some time, ... operation (no ATAPI driver, ... It's an ATA Flash card? ... It's connected to the PCMCIA controller? ...
  • Re: o2Micro PCMCIA Controller Not Working in Linux - Gentoo 2004.1 - Kernel 2.6.5 - Likely a driver
    ... tweaking to get things working just so and keeping my kernel ... > card and chipset), I got my Broadcom wireless card working with a ... > compile with PCMCIA bus support and yenta-cardbus compatibility since ... > controller) or which driver to use to operate that slot. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: o2Micro PCMCIA Controller Not Working in Linux - Gentoo 2004.1 - Kernel 2.6.5 - Likely a driver
    ... tweaking to get things working just so and keeping my kernel ... > card and chipset), I got my Broadcom wireless card working with a ... > compile with PCMCIA bus support and yenta-cardbus compatibility since ... > controller) or which driver to use to operate that slot. ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)
  • PCMCIA not working correctly?
    ... board and am having problems trying to get any PCMCIA or Compact Flash ... Wireless card as the Wireless network interface. ... I have just today been trying to get a 256MB Compact Flash storage card to ...