Re: MODULES vs FILES in bib file

Actually the OP is correct. Moving the dll from MODULES to FILES in Windows
CE 5.0 and 4.x will cause it to be loaded in Slot 0 instead of Slot 1, which
will reduce the available virtual address space of all processes.

I agree with Paul though, test.

On the other hand, I beleive that this question goes back to your earlier
question about calculating a hash code for the dll. Since the dll is in the
OS image, why not calculate the hash on the image as a whole?

www.EuroTech.com

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT
com> wrote in message news:u%23oHYO1IJHA.788@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It will load into the process slot of the device manager, but, if the
device manager is completely out of address space, you're screwed anyway.
Don't manufacture concerns; there are enough things to be worried about
without this one. *Test* and you'll know whether there's a problem or
not.

Paul T.

<tpandey02@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sep 30, 3:37 pm, "Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT