Re: start my own initial program from storage card

"Valter Minute" wrote:

prabu.jem@xxxxxxxxx wrote in
m:

You can add the entries in platform.dat file to copy the
application from storage card to the windows directory.

It's not granted that your storage card will be mounted and accessible
when the .dat file commands are executed by the CE filesystem manager.

Look into this post for editing the platform.dat
http://geekswithblogs.net/BruceEitman/archive/2008/06/17/platform-b
uilder-using-dat-files-to-initialize-the-file-system.aspx (OR)

You can write another simple application to which will lauch
during boot up and this simple application will launch your main
application which resides in storage card using "CreateProcess".

This solution is more reliable (IMHO).

Use this solution, you might need to wait first until API is ready.

while(!IsAPIReady(SH_SHELL)) //Sleep untill API is up
{ Sleep(1000); }

--
Valter Minute
www.fortechembeddedlabs.it

  • Re: start my own initial program from storage card
    ... application from storage card to the windows directory. ... It's not granted that your storage card will be mounted and accessible ... when the .dat file commands are executed by the CE filesystem manager. ... Valter Minute ...
  • autorun via aygshell on CE.NET 4.2
    ... on storage card insertion. ... You need to include the AYGSHELL component which I have done. ... You then make a directory on the storage card thats processor specific ... the windows directory nor does anything run. ...