Re: MODULES vs FILES in bib file

On Sep 30, 3:37 pm, "Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT
no instrument no spam DOT com> wrote:
Well, you can be sure that the driver will be in RAM while it's executing,
so it might run a little faster, depending on what the options you put in
the BIB file when it was in the MODULES section were.  Load time during
startup might be slightly affected while the file is actually loaded into
RAM, again, depending on the old settings.  Unless you have some observed
problem, I don't see any reason to worry about it before you even try it.

Paul T.

<tpande...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me that if I move my driver dll from MODULES section
to FILES section is there going to be any effect as far as my driver
working is concern ?

I mean is what is the difference If I move my driver from MODULES to
FILES ?I wanted to read a file from release directory and after moving
that to FILES section I can read that now but don't know if the
performance of the driver will have any impact.

Tpandey- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Paul for the fast reply.

I went through the MSDN and it says that instead of loading the driver
in only process slot1 it will load in all the slots so some concern
with virtual memory for any one process.

I moved my driver dll into FILES section jus to do a readfile for the
driver and I could read and generate the checksum/hash.

Tpandey
.