Re: Need Help: CE5.0 flash is not shown as USB mass storage device in
- From: "Bruce Eitman [eMVP]" <beitman.nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:28:53 -0400
Is your USBF driver originally from CE 4.x, or do you have a bus agnostic
Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
Bruce.Eitman AT EuroTech DOT com
"saravana" <saravana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am trying to expose my flash folders as a USB mass storage device.
Added SYSGEN_USBFN_STORAGE catalog item and added following regisry.
settings to my platform.reg:
"DefaultClientDriver"=- ; erase previous default
"Manufacturer"="Generic Manufacturer (PROTOTYPE--Remember to change
"Product"="Generic Mass Storage (PROTOTYPE--Remember to change
But still if i connect my ce5.0 device(active sync disabled), it is
recognized as "Windows CE devices" and not as a mass storage device. If i
enable active sync, it works with USB.
When i check with Remote Process viewer, i could not see the usbmsfn.dll.
I checked the device names using storage manager application and in the
registry too. The name is DSK1,DSK2 for platform&application and DSK3 is
I am not sure, whether i need to make any code changes in USBFN driver to
show my flash folders as a SUSB mass storage device.
Could anyone please tell me what are changes we need to make to show as
terminal's flash as USB storage device?
Please give me your valuable inputs. I appreciate your help in advance.
- Prev by Date: CE5 to CE6 port, Kitl Question
- Next by Date: Re: WMA recorder
- Previous by thread: Need Help: CE5.0 flash is not shown as USB mass storage device in
- Next by thread: Re: Need Help: CE5.0 flash is not shown as USB mass storage device