Re: WinCE50 USB Host driver problem on the platform SMDK2440?

First of all, have you tried using the port as a HID device? Does the port
work for any other type of device?

If not, I do not see entries for the storage manager. I assume you did not
mention it, but is added? Usually it comes for the ride when you add a file
system driver.

Just some info to consider, I have worked with the smdk2410, but not the
SMDK2440;

The 2410 has two USB ports and. One is always a HOST, but the second can be
configured as a host or a function device. Also, there is some basic
configuration needed to be done with GPIO to get any of the USB ports
working. We implemented our s3c2410 based platform similar to the dev board,
but we controlled power to the USB ports via GPIO. I do not remember if that
was the same with the dev boards or not.

Does the 2440 come with its own BSP, or is it an adapted 2410? Might the USB
configuration be different?

....clint....

"???" <auronc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Dear all:
> Lately, I use Samsung's "SMDK2440 Evaluation Board" to try usb
> Mass-storage.
>
> First, add some components:
> 1. Core Os \ Windows CE devices \ Core OS Services \ USB Host
> Support \ USB Storage Class Driver
> 2. Device Drivers \ USB Host \ USB Host Controllers \ OHCI
> 3. FAT file system & Partition Driver
>
> Second, add registries in platform.reg:
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\OHCI]
> "InterfaceType"=dword:0 ; Internal
> "Prefix"="HCD"
> "Dll"="ohci2.dll"
> "Index"=dword:1
> "Order"=dword:1
> "Irq"=dword:1a ; 26
> "SysIntr"=dword:11 ; (SYSINTR_FIRMWARE+1)
> "MemBase"=dword:49000000
> "MemLen"=dword:1000
> "UseExistingSettings"=dword:0
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\Default\Default\8\Mass_Storage_Class]
>
> "DLL"="USBMSC.DLL"
> "Prefix"="DSK"
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\ClientDrivers\Mass_Storage_Class]
> "DLL"="USBMSC.DLL"
> "Prefix"="DSK"
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\ClientDrivers\Mass_Storage_Class\2]
> "DLL"="USBDISK6.DLL"
> "Prefix"="DSK"
> "FSD"="UDFS.DLL"
> "Folder"="USB Disk"
> "IOCTL"=dword:4
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\ClientDrivers\Mass_Storage_Class\6]
> "DLL"="USBDISK6.DLL"
> "Prefix"="DSK"
> "FSD"="FATFSD.DLL"
> "Folder"="USB Disk"
> "IOCTL"=dword:4
>
> But OS still can't know usb mass storage. Why?
> Irq, membase is wrong?
> Please give me a hint, thx first.

  • Re: AHCI - remove probing of ata2
    ... ACPI: bus type pci registered ... registered new interface driver hub ... USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver v3.0 ... hub 1-0:1.0: 2 ports detected ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Help interpreting AHCI failure messages
    ... investigate I decided to try putting the root fs on a usb memory stick ... PERCPU: Allocating 57344 bytes of per cpu data ... registered new interface driver hub ... hub 1-0:1.0: 6 ports detected ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Usb problems on 7.0 RELEASE
    ... Earlier I reported usb problems on this list. ... 686-class CPU) ... <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu0 ... 2 ports with 2 removable, ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Frequent USB mouse disconnections under load with RELENG_7]
    ... disconnections of the mice. ... A mouse attached via a second pair of USB ports, ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • OOPS in 2.6.19.1, connected to nfs4 and autofs4
    ... ACPI: Local APIC address 0xfee00000 ... Linux Plug and Play Support v0.97 Adam Belay ... USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver v3.0 ... hub 1-0:1.0: 2 ports detected ...
    (Linux-Kernel)