Re: I can't Remote Desktop into CE device!

From: Joel Crouch (jcrouch_at_morrowcorp.com)
Date: 01/20/05

Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:28:12 -0500

Hello Paul,
Is there any other way to remote desktop into a CE device? Is there a VNC
program or something else out there that will work? What I need is a way to
remotely change the host name and other tcp/ip settings.

Thanks,
Joel

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <ptobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT com>
wrote in message news:%231qUSSx$EHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> It doesn't do that. It *only* has the terminal services ***client*** not
> terminal server.
>
> Paul T.
>
> "Joel Crouch" <joelcrouch@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Hello Everyone,
> > I'm trying to get Remote Desktop to work on my CE device, but it seems
> > only work going from the CE device to an XP PC. I can't Remote Desktop
> > into
> > my CE device only out of. Is there some "Allow users to connect
remotely
> > this computer" check box under CE?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Joel

Relevant Pages

  • Wheezy/XFCE: difficulties trying to provide remote desktop service with VNC server
    ... I'm hitting a problem trying to achieve remote desktop sharing for a new-build box with Wheezy/XFCE. ... Enabling vnc service in LightDM's conf file. ... # enabled = True if VNC connections should be allowed ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: i have a mac and want to remotely access a windows xp computer
    ... XP Home can *NOT* be a Remote Desktop host. ... Use VNC as noted by Bill and Shenan... ... Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking) ... > the router. ...
  • Re: Web-based remoting...
    ... I use VNC inside the network in our ... establsihed a secure channel - VPN like connection. ... remote desktop solution to administer a PC. ... the virus in order to sell virus software. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: remote control linux server
    ... NX is reportedly easier to set up, and compresses the data, thus is faster. ... With ssh, you can also forward X11-connections (with no need for VNC or NX), ... you positively want a remote desktop. ... which could be a problem if it is a Windows box. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: No login dialog after Running VNC
    ... >> My 1st question would be: Why not use Remote Desktop and an RDP client ... >> If you're committed to VNC, ... >>> it normaly using the connected monitor, kb, mouse with no problem. ... I get the bios post, Windows boots, the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)