Re: I can't Remote Desktop into CE device!

From: Joel Crouch (jcrouch_at_morrowcorp.com)
Date: 01/20/05

Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:28:12 -0500

Hello Paul,
Is there any other way to remote desktop into a CE device? Is there a VNC
program or something else out there that will work? What I need is a way to
remotely change the host name and other tcp/ip settings.

Thanks,
Joel

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <ptobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT com>
wrote in message news:%231qUSSx$EHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> It doesn't do that. It *only* has the terminal services ***client*** not
> terminal server.
>
> Paul T.
>
> "Joel Crouch" <joelcrouch@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Hello Everyone,
> > I'm trying to get Remote Desktop to work on my CE device, but it seems
> > only work going from the CE device to an XP PC. I can't Remote Desktop
> > into
> > my CE device only out of. Is there some "Allow users to connect
remotely
> > this computer" check box under CE?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Joel

Relevant Pages

  • Wheezy/XFCE: difficulties trying to provide remote desktop service with VNC server
    ... I'm hitting a problem trying to achieve remote desktop sharing for a new-build box with Wheezy/XFCE. ... Enabling vnc service in LightDM's conf file. ... # enabled = True if VNC connections should be allowed ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: i have a mac and want to remotely access a windows xp computer
    ... XP Home can *NOT* be a Remote Desktop host. ... Use VNC as noted by Bill and Shenan... ... Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking) ... > the router. ...
  • Re: Web-based remoting...
    ... I use VNC inside the network in our ... establsihed a secure channel - VPN like connection. ... remote desktop solution to administer a PC. ... the virus in order to sell virus software. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: remote control linux server
    ... NX is reportedly easier to set up, and compresses the data, thus is faster. ... With ssh, you can also forward X11-connections (with no need for VNC or NX), ... you positively want a remote desktop. ... which could be a problem if it is a Windows box. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: VNC info; was Re: VNC Viewer 2.01 Not Run...
    ... If someone's got a few minutes, I'd love to know what all things VNC does or doesn't. ... If your use of "Remote Desktop" means Microsoft's Remote Desktop, then VNC is similar, but uses its own server and protocol. ... This is the server and it uses the VNC protocols, so you can use something like Chicken of the VNC on another Mac to control a remote Mac with Apple Remote Desktop enabled. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)