Re: viewing the c code while debugging

Hi gol,

There is a similar question in microsoft.public.windowsce.platbuilder, and
it can be a reference for you.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsce.platbuilder&tid=2cc0a8c4-fecc-41a9-92b9-258947d2b2d3

--
I hope it is useful ^_^

Best Regards,

Blake Chang

"gol" <gol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thank you for your answer,
I'm sorry I didn't explain it clear enough.
I am using an ICE, which is actually an ICD(in circuit debugger).

I don't know what is wrong, but I understand from an expert that there
might
be some missing symbols in the files I mentioned before. What I'm doing is
erasing the flash memory, and then loading the bootloader and running it.

When it runs I want to debug its code. I'm using Wince 6.0 on a Mainstone
board with PXA270.
Thanks a lot for your help

"Rob Nock" wrote:

Blake is correct. There is no way of debugging the bootloader unless you
are using an in circuit emulator (ICE) or a pre-loaded software monitor.
The best way is to use the UART or debug LED's to issue debug messages or
status. Even better still is to do this in assembler so that you can
check
your early chipset initialisation.

--Rob
Blog: http://ce4all.blogspot.com

"Blake" <blake29.chang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi gol,

Are you trying to debug your bootloader???
But there's still no KITL in bootloader phase.
You can use a UART to output the debug messages for debugging.

--
I hope it is useful ^_^

Best Regards,

Blake Chang

"gol" <gol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi all,
I have a problem while trying to debug my system. Apparently, the
bootloader
files eboot.exe and eboot.pdb don't have the symbols needed for
debugging,
and I can't view their c source code.

Please, if someone had already seen this problem in the past and can
help,
that would be very appreciated.
Thanks a lot.

  • Re: viewing the c code while debugging
    ... Blake is correct. ... The best way is to use the UART or debug LED's to issue debug messages or ... But there's still no KITL in bootloader phase. ... You can use a UART to output the debug messages for debugging. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Office or InDesign breaks VS 2005 debugging?
    ... Given tha I was using and debugging the sub-projects in this solution before ... some getting used to) and the debug symbols for the child project are no ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.debugging)
  • Re: Cant Debug COM Interface
    ... When I start to debug the application the DLL is ... a com client in vb.net which is referencing the interface of the COM Server ... If I use this application as Host application I can debug without ... For debugging I can start the ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.debugging)
  • Re: Debugging Interrupt Vector Tables (IVTs)
    ... A more useful question would be centred on why you want to "debug IVT". ... able to debug using the debugger without loosing any control if i debug ... within the bootloader /application. ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: problem in downloading nk.bin
    ... Sorry, but that's no debug output, that's just the bootloader's ... bootloader, or do you simply mean you've compiled and flashed it? ... target stops sending UDP packet and the development workstation also ... RESERVED1 80001000 0000F000 RESERVED ...