Re: File attributes in CE

If you want to change the attributes, yes, you are screwed. I think there's
only one kind of ROM available any more and that's actually flashable. In
any case, you can't replace operating system files that are in ROM.

Going back, what does changing the colors of buttons have to do with
changing file attributes?

Paul T.

"Tonelux" <Tonelux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks. It is flash rom or factory rom? Basically, am I screwed?

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote:

Things that are in ROM are in ROM and therefore can't have their
attributes
changed.

Paul T.

"Tonelux" <Tonelux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
How do you clear the file attributes in Windows CE? I have an HP6945
and
want to change the colors of many of the button so I can read them. I
have
finished with all of the files, but the files in the phone are all set
read only or system and can't be replaced.

.