Re: fopen/fwrite vs CreateFile/WriteFile in WindowsCE 5.0

Thank you very much for all of you.

"Voidcoder" <voidcoder@xxxxxxxxx> ¦b¶l¥ó
news:ehidXXkXGHA.3656@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ¤¤¼¶¼g...
No, I mean that stdin/out file functions are implemented
(in coredll.dll) as simple wrappers over the Windows
I/O API. I.e. when you call fopen() function this will
finally result into CreateFile() API call, when you call
fread() function this results into ReadFile() API call,
etc ...

"Rain" <joechou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks.

Did you mean if I compile the application (which uses fopen/fwrite)
using
MSFT complier (like EVC), The MSFT complier will automatically convert
them
to CreateFile/WriteFile?
I wonder how it is using Create/Write API internally.

"Rain" <joechou@xxxxxxxxxx> ¦b¶l¥ó
news:uSQfOlhXGHA.5012@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ¤¤¼¶¼g...
Hi:

Is anybody know the difference which use fopen/fwrite and
CreateFile/WriteFile in WindowsCE 5.0 ?

Performance different ? Memory leak ?

Thanks.

  • Re: Flush SMB Cache on Windows Vista?
    ... when client tries to open that file on server machine (via CreateFile API) - the same pathname is used - which is incorrect of course because you need UNC name here. ... the cache information has not been updated.) ...
  • Re: A buffer mapped to a file?
    ... You could try a named pipe, if the program really just calls CreateFile and reads or write to the resulting handle, but as soon as a program tries to do something like query file size, set file pointer, or soforth, that will break. ... Basically I have a buffer of data and need to feed it into an API ... that are within the filesystem namespace and will the ReadFileAPI ...
  • Re: How do I link to C Library functions in windows?
    ... Any Win32 API that takes or returns a string will have an A and a W ... What do you mean by "setup the stack"? ... If CreateFile returns ... push eax; which I should save to the stack ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: ReadFile vs fread
    ... assured that the windows API would not hinder performance if I switch to using CreateFile ReadFile, ... So, I believe that if you switch to CreateFile, ReadFile, etc. you will be fine. ... I would suggest you to read this very interesting optimization series on Raymond Chen's blog (when he optimizes his code, he directly uses Win32 API functions like CreateFile, file-mapping, etc.) ... Loading the dictionary, part 2: ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • problem with opening device using CreateFile
    ... I have been wading through using SetupDi... ... API to get a device path to use ... The documentation on CreateFile indicates that the SecurityAttributes are ...