Re: DirectShow heap memory leak

From: Thore Karlsen [MVP DX] (sid_at_6581.com)
Date: 01/07/05

Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 09:19:10 -0600

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:16:42 -0700, "Michael Schwab"
<michael.schwab@cobecv.com> wrote:

>Even though I believe I'm releasing all the DirectShow objects correctly
>after usage, I still lose over 1 Mb of heap space every time I run the
>sample code (from Pesce, etc.). And Run() still can't find enough space to
>run, even the first time.

[snip code]

It looks like you are releasing the references properly, but in general
I would strongly recommend using CComPtr and CComQIPtr. Then you won't
have to worry about releasing anything, it's done automatically.

What kind of file are you trying to play? The memory leak might be in a
decompressor or another filter that's inserted into the graph.

--
New to newsgroups? Read: http://dev.6581.com/newsgroups.html

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Um Play Want Binno, they drink it in de Congo.
    ... > heads up when they started releasing this in English. ... > the first time I've actually seen on in a comic store. ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: DG unit security tape
    ... going to change it myself but it will be the first time I've done such a ... Can anyone offer any tips with regards to releasing the old glazed ... might want to try a diy newsgroup. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • Re: DirectShow heap memory leak
    ... I still lose over 1 Mb of heap space every time I run the ... >run, even the first time. ... It looks like you are releasing the references properly, ...
  • Re: output to STDOUT to a file
    ... >> inside the perl script. ... > in-place file editing. ... [snip code that reads from backup and saves to original] ... I loved the module so much after using it for the first time that I ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Combining two methods into one
    ... You will have to duplicate the executeUpdate() ... Call it the first time for city/state, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)