Re: DirectShow heap memory leak

From: Thore Karlsen [MVP DX] (sid_at_6581.com)
Date: 01/07/05

Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 09:19:10 -0600

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:16:42 -0700, "Michael Schwab"
<michael.schwab@cobecv.com> wrote:

>Even though I believe I'm releasing all the DirectShow objects correctly
>after usage, I still lose over 1 Mb of heap space every time I run the
>sample code (from Pesce, etc.). And Run() still can't find enough space to
>run, even the first time.

[snip code]

It looks like you are releasing the references properly, but in general
I would strongly recommend using CComPtr and CComQIPtr. Then you won't
have to worry about releasing anything, it's done automatically.

What kind of file are you trying to play? The memory leak might be in a
decompressor or another filter that's inserted into the graph.

--
New to newsgroups? Read: http://dev.6581.com/newsgroups.html