How does CE work?

Hello,
I'm trying to understand how Windows CE works and thought this may be a good
place to start.

Is CE a version of Windows?

When you develop a CE application do you write it in VB with tools that help
fit it to a small screen?

Or does it sit between your application (VB for example, C) and Windows?

Is it the software that has the API's (I'm familiar with this term) that
communicate with windows?

I also read about a C application that is BREW based. Is BREW like CE?

Thanks for any answers and education you may be able to provide.

Riley

  • Re: Too difficult?
    ... Can you ping other domain members? ... Microsoft MVP [Windows] ... "Brew" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Too difficult?
    ... Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. ... Microsoft MVP [Windows] ... "Brew" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • RE: Funny Windows 2k3 Security "Feature"
    ... about running windows all together. ... | Tailor your education to your own professional goals ... The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management ... Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Getting people into Linux (was: donated computers lab setup)
    ... through education of the educators, parents, PTA, etc. ... -- lots of shiny computers with shiny copies of Windows and shiny ... Schools often don't know of the tools available. ... They don't have the staff that are capable of supporting Apple, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: to PFW or not to PFW
    ... The design of Microsoft Windows is including a security system. ... I'm just using Windows messages to let the web-browser do, ... because Windows messages are just one of many ways to communicate between ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)