Re: windows 7, and explorer 7

Ken wrote:
I made the mistake of upgrading from Vista to windows 7 and my
machine constantly locks up when I use explorer 8 which was working
great on a xp and my vista machines. It REFUSES to let explorer 7
work at all.

Windows 7 comes with Internet Explorer 8.
Internet Explorer 7 is *gone* in Windows 7.
Anything that would make it work would be a *hack*.
When you upgraded to Windows 7 from Windows Vista (actually - going to
Windows 7 was a good move - if your Windows Vista machine was clean of
issues and up to date when you did it and you uninstalled you AV software
and such before you went through with it...) - Internet Explorer 7 was
replaced, made no more.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

  • Re: OE Hyperlinks do not work
    ... Scroll down to URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol and select it. ... depending on your Windows version. ... They all had the proper associations for Internet Explorer. ... Internet Explorer would not open a web page and Outlook Express would not display the contents of messages in the lower window, ...
  • Re: is it an operating system issue?
    ... I am having trouble with an old laptop...all the applications such as windows media player, microsoft word, excel, yahoo messenger, msn messenger work fine. ... The problem I am having is that every time I click on the icons such as: internet explorer, control panel, my computer, windows explorer, recycle bin or anything that will allow me to "have a look into my computer", nothing will pop up to allow me to do so. ... Open ONE copy of Internet Explorer. ... Sometimes you need to install the application and reboot into SAFE MODE ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: IE part of the operating system
    ... injecting code into both Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer is a larger ... concern than the integration of Internet Explorer into Windows. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Unable to change toolbars
    ... the Internet Explorer icon>right click on it and select Send to>select ... I am able to open more than one window in IE but still have the toolbars ... Still have to go thru Windows Explorer. ...
  • Re: Blocking Windows Explorer in firewall
    ... > To block Internet Explorer, ... >> My firewall seems to be set to ask me each time Windows Explorer ... Open Automatic Updates in Control Panel. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)