Re: Error OX 80090008

This is a home network and no third party firewall is being used. I noticed
that I have had no Windows updates since December 2009. I have reset Internet
Explorer to default and still the page will not open. It goes through the
motions of checking my PC for updates and then the error message comes up.
I'm not very computer literate so a lot of this is new to me.

"MowGreen" wrote:

0x80090008 NTE_BAD_ALGID
Invalid algorithm specified

You receive an error message in Internet Explorer: "Internet Explorer
cannot display the webpage"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196

"Page cannot be displayed" error during SSL 3.0 Server session time-out
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305217

Is the system on a business or home network ?
Is a 3rd party firewall being used instead of the native Windows firewall ?

Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000

Sorry that I can't give anymore information.

If you can't supply pertinent information it's next to impossible to
assist you, Alan. That's *if* you find you're way back to this thread.

MowGreen
================
* -343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

Alan wrote:
This is happening when I go onto check for updates. It starts checking my PC
for updates and then this error comes up with the message
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
Sorry that I can't give anymore information.

"Michael" wrote:

"Alan"<Alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'm trying to do a update and this error message comes up and I can't
access
the website. Can anyone help here?

Alan, you need to give more information. What OS/service pack? Which
update, (KB)?
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.