Re: Error OX 80090008

This is a home network and no third party firewall is being used. I noticed
that I have had no Windows updates since December 2009. I have reset Internet
Explorer to default and still the page will not open. It goes through the
motions of checking my PC for updates and then the error message comes up.
I'm not very computer literate so a lot of this is new to me.

"MowGreen" wrote:

0x80090008 NTE_BAD_ALGID
Invalid algorithm specified

You receive an error message in Internet Explorer: "Internet Explorer
cannot display the webpage"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196

"Page cannot be displayed" error during SSL 3.0 Server session time-out
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305217

Is the system on a business or home network ?
Is a 3rd party firewall being used instead of the native Windows firewall ?

Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000

Sorry that I can't give anymore information.

If you can't supply pertinent information it's next to impossible to
assist you, Alan. That's *if* you find you're way back to this thread.

MowGreen
================
* -343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

Alan wrote:
This is happening when I go onto check for updates. It starts checking my PC
for updates and then this error comes up with the message
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
Sorry that I can't give anymore information.

"Michael" wrote:

"Alan"<Alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'm trying to do a update and this error message comes up and I can't
access
the website. Can anyone help here?

Alan, you need to give more information. What OS/service pack? Which
update, (KB)?
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

  • Re: Windows Update Failing to Recognise VLK
    ... Is it a problem with Windows Updates or particular ... >> The product key used to install Microsoft Windows may not ... >> received this error message, and steps you can take to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows update crashed my PC
    ... Is there a fix if I do not have a CD? ... Like I said, post the error message and like Plato said, uninstall the updates. ... | I clicked on the Icon for windows updates on my PC, and after the updates | were done, my PC will not boot up. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Running Republic -- The Revolution but having troubles!!!! PLEASE
    ... but I keep getting an error message it says elixar ... Windows, but no online support, I emailed Eidos Interactive, no response yet, ... and I also visited Nvidia's websited, and downloaded the newest updates, also ... ran windows updates, and it says all updates, or up-to date, just wondering ...
    (microsoft.public.games)
  • Re: Update O XP
    ... Are you getting an error message? ... When you say you can't check for updates ... are you talking about Windows updates? ... > It seems that window installer version changed in the ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: Using the Microsoft tech support
    ... Look in the right Pane/window for error message with red or Yellow ... on the IE Properties window ... Method #1 you suggested did the trick and allowed the updates to flow. ... to return to the MS site after installation to install another six ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)