Re: can't install kb972270 (latest microsoft updates)

See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972270

How about a 0x8000FFFF error?

Error when you download updates using Windows Update or Microsoft Update: 8000FFFF
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946414

gphbass wrote:
Yes I am running Vista SP2--everything else is up to date---windows update
worked fine until the patches issued yesterday......as I said, I even
rebooted from a restore point before the last windows update...the latest
one still does not work get an error code of 8000fff

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

TYPO CORRECTION: See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972270

Has Vista SP2 been installed yet?

gphbass wrote:
Yes--my AV is up to date--neither norton nor macafee have ever been
installed--even went back to a restore point before the last update--those
updates reloaded fine, the current still does not...tried to manually
update and the program says updates are not for my system---double checked
the file at MS and it indeed said that it was for all versions of vista
and
was released on 1-12-10. Updates stop downloading at 11% and then say
they
have failed

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
Is your Trend Micro subscription current? Has it ever expired, however
briefly?

Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the computer

See the "How to obtain help" section of
[http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972270]

and/or 1-866-234-6020 in the United States and in Canada or by contacting
your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls
that
are associated with security updates. When you call, clearly state that
your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB
number (e.g., KB972220).

Or you can...

Consumer Security Support home page includes links for free security
update
support, too

For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
through
your usual support contacts.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

gphbass wrote:
Am running Vista with all latest patches. However, tried to download
security patches today (1-12) and kd 972270 failed and will not install
after repeated attempts...tried a manual download and get a message that
update is not for my system. Erroe code is 80070005--unknown error.
Have
rebooted machine numerous times and used Microsoft fixiet
utility...nothing
works....updates worked fine until today...have not added any software
or
programs in over 6 months. i have Trend Micro Av version 16...but even
with
it turned off, I still can't install the updates. Any suggestions?????