C002001B during checking for updates

I had a a few bad sectors on my boot drive. A data recovery service recovered
all but 12 files, which I have a list of. here is what I did.
1) run the installation repair twice - got the 80070424 err trying to do
windows update.

2) copied the following files from an older backup to windows/system32
rasdlg.dll
wlanui.dll

3) reboot. now I get C002001B in windows update
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SLsvc.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Application Timestamp: 49e02e64
Fault Module Name: StackHash_0d0f
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 000096de
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0d0f
Additional Information 2: 354930c7fd91fdd52a1b026d65224591
Additional Information 3: 7526
Additional Information 4: 839ac792ca6909c6018e1954b1315b6a

Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.
--
Ed Perkins

  • Re: looking for data recovery pointers
    ... likely software solution for drives too badly damaged to be fixed by ... You need a data recovery service. ... If the hard drive has many bad sectors, then a data recovery service is ... volume or disk image, then attempt the recovery from the clone. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Cant download Windows Updates
    ... >A friend of mine said that when he goes to Windows Update and tries to ... > download and install critical updates that he gets an error message that ... He ran a scan on his hard drive for bad sectors and it came ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)