Re: Error code 8007006E

"Andrew" <Andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:B5AF8AD5-C1A0-478A-A42B-0F0D510E9CC0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

9/12/2008 9:54 PM PST
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&query=8007006e&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=298be939-cdd7-4a8d-a281-c8010e41e530

(MS Communities Alt-7 search for
8007006E
)

I too keep getting the error code 8007006E notice when I try to download the
windows update.

Why did you pick such an ancient unanswered thread to add your Me too! in?

Here is my answer in a more recent one, based on the same search
and filtering with "Threads with helpful posts" (not that that is generally
a good idea but is an indication of how common the symptom is and how
frequently it has been answered.)

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&mid=31fa36e1-b014-44f6-8493-9de0d5ab4067&sloc=en-us

---

The update is:Security Update for Microsoft PowerPoint 2007
(KB957789)

Installation date: ?1/?1/?2010 11:01 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 8007006E

Update type: Important

A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 that could
allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified document is opened.
This update resolves that vulnerability.

More information:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=11F8380F-FFB6-4C22-A89C-3DC55D0F9834&displaylang=en

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/?LN=en-us
Is there something I can try to fix this problem? I'm running Windows 7
Professional 32 bit on a Dell Latitude D810, 2.13 Ghz, 2GB mem.....any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated....Thank you and Happy New Year.

Andrew

craddock wrote:

I keep getting the error code 8007006E notice when I try to download the
windows update. Is there something I can try to fix this problem? Thanks

What is the version of Windows installed ?
Which update ?

How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

  • Re: IE 8 - Manage Addons - Does not have WuWeb Active X control li
    ... When you say running the Fix It in, e.g., Aggressive mode "fails," do you mean the Fix It won't run/you cannot run it or the Fix It doesn't correct the problem? ... there's a very good chance that MSE did not install properly and is not working properly. ... "MrSoftware" wrote: ... So the Windows Update problem started when you had AVG installed: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Vista Update - Screen blank missing text
    ... and the actual windows update system stopped working. ... I then went to remove your fix using the shadow copy rollback option on each ... install.wim contained within the .iso. ... Navigate to your System32 directory. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: IE 8 - Manage Addons - Does not have WuWeb Active X control li
    ... I was able to try the fix below a little earlier than expected. ... FixIt 50202 - Mode agressive ... So the Windows Update problem started when you had AVG installed: ... would NOT install. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Q811493 hotfix
    ... after installing the Q811493 hotfix. ... Hopefully we'll see a fix soon. ... >Microsoft has stated they are working on the cause, ... >> Windows Update, installing the Q811493 update as suggested. ...
  • Re: Crap SP3 update
    ... Windows Update now fail. ... have tried all the tricks to fix the problem that worked for me ... I will NOT install SP3 on any of our machines at the office because ... If it asks you to install anything before you see a selection of "Custom" ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)