Re: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update KB

Harlan Levinson wrote:

I am still not able to to the update
When I try to uninstall Framework 1.1 says installation source is not
available. It also shows 1.1hotfix, 2.0SP2, 3.0SP2 & 3.5SP1

I'm going to refer you to MowGreen's post, which I copy below for your benefit. Alternately you could try Ed Pyle's suggestion, which looks to be sound.

Harry.

To: *All Windows Users* who encounter installation issues when installing Security updates for .NET Frameworks

Every time there's a Security update for .NET Frameworks there is an inordinate amount of posts dealing with installation issues.

If Users do not call in and report these issues then Microsoft will
*never* be aware of them. MS will provide ***no-charge support***
in getting .NET Security updates installed.

PLEASE call in or contact MS via chat or email, dependent upon your geographical location.

From each and every .NET Framework Security update Knowledge Base Article:

EX: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953297

" How to obtain help and support for this security update

For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=4

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552 "

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"

  • Re: Vista Home Premium 64bit Update Problem
    ... Reinstall on the current vista installation resolved the problem for ... Support for Windows Update: ... support for security updates is available through ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: VS.NET has detected the WebServer is running ASP.NET version 1
    ... you shouldn't have to pay: "Unlimited installation support is available ... >> the normal mode installed the framework. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols)
  • Re: Update error 8020003F
    ... As far as I can remember, I installed SP1 manually from the MS ... happened and is after SP1 installation. ... Support for Windows Update: ... support for security updates is available ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: I cannot install Vista updates
    ... When is Microsoft going to fix Windows Defender for the 64 bit ... Installation status: Successful ... Help and Support: ... support for security updates is available ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pa
    ... ~PA Bear ... error message "Error opening installation log file. ... Support for Windows Update: ... support for security updates is available through ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)