Re: A possible leftover folder after a Windows Update

On Aug 7, 3:16 am, Drake <Dr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know this seems like a pain, but can anyone offer step by step instructions
to delete these files since I keep getting an error about permission when I
try to manually delete the files.

Thanks!

"Alex" wrote:
looks like Microsoft has found the issue as well, it's now documented here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951847/en-us

Today i have worked on a script to automatically detect and remove this
folder after .net installation. I will post the script within the next days
(after completing testing on some machines) onwww.verboon.info

"Davide" wrote:

Same problem for me.
Simply change permission and delete.
Yes I'm bored about Windows Update but we have choice? We can hope in less
version and better release for the future.

D.

"Daryl" wrote:

I have the same issue, but it won't let me delete the folder.
"cannot delete filterpipelineprintproc.dll: Access is denied"- Hide quoted text -

You just need to change the permissions on the folders and files to
Full Control. Instructions to do this are in this Microsoft article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308419#4

  • Re: NTFS permission problem
    ... this inconsistence in the NTFS permission on my file server. ... I have a share folder on my file server and all folders underneath it ... permissions and take ownership for the creator owner group on this folder. ... Although I was not able to change permission and take ...
  • Re: Multiple user groups and permissions
    ... control permission then hide the folder. ... > Advice in this forum talks about adding program shortcuts to the All ... > automatically have change permission to program folders, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Changing permission recursively
    ... Ok now I am running it from the installation folder. ... I was suggested to change the owner of the fileto administrator, ... re-open properties and edit permission for administrator. ... To change permission for all files and folders on the HD it'd become ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • RE: Folder Permission
    ... Did u give a read permission on the said ... I notice this when I only add the IUSR account ... > of my machine to have change permission on the said folder, ...
  • Re: Network shares cannot connect
    ... Changed value to 0 just waiting to re-boot the server and test logins. ... Workstation Name: - ... let's focus on the Users Shared Folder first. ... To check this permission, please click the Advanced button, select ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)