Re: Error Number: 0x8024D002

Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when posting to this newsgroup.

Is this a sudden, new problem or an ongoing one?

0x8024D002 - WU_E_SETUP_INVALID_IDENTDATA
Windows Update Agent could not be updated because the wuident.cab file contains invalid information
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Wolfman2 wrote:
Kept trying to run Windows Update and I kept getting error message, Error
number: 0x8024D002. It stops there and will not perform any update. How do
I get this fixed?

  • Re: Windows 7 - Windows Update Agent Version
    ... If you're pushing updates via SMS, this is not the correct support venue. ... windows update agent version is the latest for Windows 7. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: 0x800C0002
    ... In Internet Explorer, delete your Temporary Internet Files by going to the ... Windows 2000 SP3 ... >> We have a Windows 2000, we just ran the Restor CD that it came with and when ... install the latest release of the Windows Update Agent: Information for network administrators about how to obtain the latest Windows Update Agent ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: Windows update marks all updated "not installed" afrer XP rein
    ... This forum had turned out to be far more useful than the Microsoft Support. ... E-mail from a Microsoft Tech Support agent after I contacted MS Windows ... I think the problem may be that the Windows Update Agent that was ... Security Update for Windows Media Player 9 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: Windows update marks all updated "not installed" afrer XP rein
    ... a message "Install is not needed since Windows Update Agent is already ... E-mail from a Microsoft Tech Support agent after I contacted MS Windows ... I think the problem may be that the Windows Update Agent that was ... Security Update for Windows Media Player 9 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: 0x80090017 error upon install
    ... Look for an error code associated with the latest install failure and post it here. ... In the right frame, under Type, look for Warning and under Source, Windows Update Agent. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)