Re: Windows Update KB962870 causes error code 80070643

Brandon Taylor wrote:
:: I am trying to install an update for the Microsoft Office Outlook
:: 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB962870) through the Windows Update applet
:: embedded in Windows Vista, but every time I try to install this
:: update, I get error code 80070643. What must I do?
::
:: Brandon Taylor

Hi Brandon -

You receive error code 0x80070643 or error code 0x643 when you use the
Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958052
Includes Vista, Windows 2000, Windows Server, Windows XP

You receive an "Error 80070643" error message when you try to update Office
2003 by using Software Update Services
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903772

Information - You cannot install an Office 2003 service pack
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884298

Step 2: Re-create the path of the original installation source in the
registry
Especially for 80070643 if a registry cleaner is used

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

.