Re: Windows Update KB962870 causes error code 80070643

Brandon Taylor wrote:
:: I am trying to install an update for the Microsoft Office Outlook
:: 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB962870) through the Windows Update applet
:: embedded in Windows Vista, but every time I try to install this
:: update, I get error code 80070643. What must I do?
:: Brandon Taylor

Hi Brandon -

You receive error code 0x80070643 or error code 0x643 when you use the
Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
Includes Vista, Windows 2000, Windows Server, Windows XP

You receive an "Error 80070643" error message when you try to update Office
2003 by using Software Update Services

Information - You cannot install an Office 2003 service pack

Step 2: Re-create the path of the original installation source in the
Especially for 80070643 if a registry cleaner is used

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
How to ask a question:
Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Please Help-windows will not update -desperate
    ... Before you install IE, make sure you read the release notes: ... | Security assessment: Potential Risk ... | Windows Security Updates: 1 service packs or update rollups are missing. ... | Definition Update 1.14.1940.2 for Windows Defender Error Code: ...
  • Re: P4C800-DELUXE XP Install Problems --- Hanging
    ... Windows Install Guide by Mr Steveo from ABX Zone Website. ... Additionally, if you have a Springdale or Canterwood chipset motherboard, ... Install chipset INFs before any video or sound drivers. ...
  • Re: Checking for the latest updates....
    ... It's a good idea to install them now and then check again, ... Microsoft Windows XP ... Windows XP Service Pack 1 ... Security Update for Windows XP ...
  • Re: KB896344 fails to install
    ... Windows XP ]. ... to install an update agian without providing a method of doing so!). ... The big problem i've got here with the posted instructions is that they seem ... Error Code: 0x8007f0ea. ...
  • Re: Error 2738 / Error 0x80004005
    ... I am having the exact same problem with Vista trying to install I Tunes. ... Did that and got error code 0x80004005 "The module vbscript.dll was loaded ... Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User] ... Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. ...