Re: Windows Update KB962870 causes error code 80070643

Brandon Taylor wrote:
:: I am trying to install an update for the Microsoft Office Outlook
:: 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB962870) through the Windows Update applet
:: embedded in Windows Vista, but every time I try to install this
:: update, I get error code 80070643. What must I do?
::
:: Brandon Taylor

Hi Brandon -

You receive error code 0x80070643 or error code 0x643 when you use the
Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958052
Includes Vista, Windows 2000, Windows Server, Windows XP

You receive an "Error 80070643" error message when you try to update Office
2003 by using Software Update Services
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903772

Information - You cannot install an Office 2003 service pack
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884298

Step 2: Re-create the path of the original installation source in the
registry
Especially for 80070643 if a registry cleaner is used

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

  • Re: Please Help-windows will not update -desperate
    ... Before you install IE, make sure you read the release notes: ... | Security assessment: Potential Risk ... | Windows Security Updates: 1 service packs or update rollups are missing. ... | Definition Update 1.14.1940.2 for Windows Defender Error Code: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: P4C800-DELUXE XP Install Problems --- Hanging
    ... Windows Install Guide by Mr Steveo from ABX Zone Website. ... Additionally, if you have a Springdale or Canterwood chipset motherboard, ... Install chipset INFs before any video or sound drivers. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Checking for the latest updates....
    ... It's a good idea to install them now and then check again, ... Microsoft Windows XP ... Windows XP Service Pack 1 ... Security Update for Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: KB896344 fails to install
    ... Windows XP ]. ... to install an update agian without providing a method of doing so!). ... The big problem i've got here with the posted instructions is that they seem ... Error Code: 0x8007f0ea. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Error 2738 / Error 0x80004005
    ... I am having the exact same problem with Vista trying to install I Tunes. ... Did that and got error code 0x80004005 "The module vbscript.dll was loaded ... Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User] ... Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. ...