Re: Windows Update KB962870 causes error code 80070643

Brandon Taylor wrote:
:: I am trying to install an update for the Microsoft Office Outlook
:: 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB962870) through the Windows Update applet
:: embedded in Windows Vista, but every time I try to install this
:: update, I get error code 80070643. What must I do?
:: Brandon Taylor

Hi Brandon -

You receive error code 0x80070643 or error code 0x643 when you use the
Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
Includes Vista, Windows 2000, Windows Server, Windows XP

You receive an "Error 80070643" error message when you try to update Office
2003 by using Software Update Services

Information - You cannot install an Office 2003 service pack

Step 2: Re-create the path of the original installation source in the
Especially for 80070643 if a registry cleaner is used

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
How to ask a question:
Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco